Thread: Tramadol experiences

Default Tramadol experiences

Doughnuts now Going to have tramadol as well as metacam ranitidine metaclopramide and an antibiotic. Picking it up tomorrow. Will crush it up and syringe it with the other meds. Just wondered people's experiences as I think some bunnies get sleepy or off their food. She's got the gut stimulants though so hoping she'll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by cpayne View Post
    Doughnuts now Going to have tramadol as well as metacam ranitidine metaclopramide and an antibiotic. Picking it up tomorrow. Will crush it up and syringe it with the other meds. Just wondered people's experiences as I think some bunnies get sleepy or off their food. She's got the gut stimulants though so hoping she'll be fine
    My bun had it after surgery on both her knees, she was fine on it, I used to crush it up into a fine powder and mix it with banana baby food. She loved it. Used to willing to take from syringe without having a fight with a towel didn't seem to make her sleepy, but every bunny is different I guess xx

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Warren Veteran

Noodle was on tramadol but I'm pretty sure it was injectable. She coped fine. I hope it helps Doughnut

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Noodle was on tramadol but I'm pretty sure it was injectable. She coped fine. I hope it helps Doughnut

I have a bottle of Tramadol syrup. Much easier all round
    Please vaccinate your rabbits for RHD2 as well ..
    Two more house rabbit deaths just confirmed

Reliable, up to date advice on RHD2: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...40#post7012340

My bridge bunny Barney was on tramadol long term and did really well on it. It didnít make him sleepy, it did the opposite, he thought he was super bunny and was suddenly binkying, running about and jumping on stuff he shouldnít. After a while on it he settled down, but I think at first being pain-free made him feel like he could do anything, and he was a danger to himself. He fell a few times because heíd do silly things like jump on top of the kitchen bin - I had to keep a close eye on him when he was out of his pen and Iíd recommend you do the same at first.

I preferred capsules, easier than the tablets - I just pulled them apart and mixed the contents in with soaked pellets or recovery food.
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM (OR ASK ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES).

Mini was on tramadol (I thought it was a liquid one she was on but I could be wrong, I think near the end they started having trouble getting the liquid so maybe thatís why they're using tablets now, unless Iím mixing things up) and it didnít make her any more sleepy than usual. She was a lazy lop anyway

Photos: Mischa/Mini/Nutmeg/Smudge/Imogen/Instagram Housing Stickies: Indoor/Outdoor

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by cpayne View Post

Several of my Rabbits have had Tramadol and none have had any adverse reactions to it. None became sedated, even when on the maximum dose My Vet prescribes tablet form and I have found it to be very easy to crush the tablet and mix it with a bit of apple juice to administer it.

Tramadol is a schedule 3 (class C) controlled drug and so it has to be dispensed under specific controlled drug legislation. For Tramadol this implies that only 1 months supply (28 days) can be given at a time. Giving a large supply to a client to keep 'in stock' is illegal.

https://www.bsava.com/Resources/Vete...ntrolled-drugs