• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Head Tilt

Thanks for all your vibes. He's not any better or any worse. I've got some eye drops for him. No, I don't think the intraocular pressures were checked.

I wouldn't expect the vet to check the pressures unless glaucoma were suspected. Not all vets have 'the gear' and it's usually an extra cost.

Glad he's holding his own.

I hope you're OK?

Thanks for all your vibes. He's not any better or any worse. I've got some eye drops for him. No, I don't think the intraocular pressures were checked.

I asked as the fact that the eye is bulging might indicate glaucoma secondary to the head tilt. Sending more vibes for him xx

I wouldn't expect the vet to check the pressures unless glaucoma were suspected. Not all vets have 'the gear' and it's usually an extra cost.

Glad he's holding his own.

I hope you're OK?

I'm trying to take each day as it comes. Had a bad day on Saturday, he wasn't eating or pooing much but seemed better yesterday. Today, he's stable but not as bright as yesterday.

I'm trying to take each day as it comes. Had a bad day on Saturday, he wasn't eating or pooing much but seemed better yesterday. Today, he's stable but not as bright as yesterday.

It's a rollercoaster, and not easy.

I will always be here to listen, if there's anything I can do or say x

Bandit is still stable. He's had two weeks of penicillin now. I had a bit of a fiasco with the vet sending the wrong meds so he was without metronidzaole for a while. Sorry for not updating, I only come on here when I've got my PC turned on, which isn't often and my broadband has been intermittent recently. I've booked Friday off and I'm going to take him to see the vet, providing my car makes it, that's another story...

Bandit is still stable. He's had two weeks of penicillin now. I had a bit of a fiasco with the vet sending the wrong meds so he was without metronidzaole for a while. Sorry for not updating, I only come on here when I've got my PC turned on, which isn't often and my broadband has been intermittent recently. I've booked Friday off and I'm going to take him to see the vet, providing my car makes it, that's another story...

What a brave man Bandit is and I really hope that he can remain stable for as long as possible :love:

Sending vibes for your car too !

So glad to hear he is stable :)

I hope your car remains so too!

The vet said Bandit had improved slightly, but said not to get my hopes up as he may go downhill again. She's reduced his meds to penicillin every other day, then every 3 days after 2 weeks, no metronidazole and metacam once daily and continuing with emeprid twice daily for two weeks. She said if he hasn't improved after 4 weeks then it is probably best to let him go. I've moved him into a larger area in the lean to as it's now getting warmer. I think this has set him back a bit but hopefully he'll start moving around more in the next few days.

The vet said Bandit had improved slightly, but said not to get my hopes up as he may go downhill again. She's reduced his meds to penicillin every other day, then every 3 days after 2 weeks, no metronidazole and metacam once daily and continuing with emeprid twice daily for two weeks. She said if he hasn't improved after 4 weeks then it is probably best to let him go. I've moved him into a larger area in the lean to as it's now getting warmer. I think this has set him back a bit but hopefully he'll start moving around more in the next few days.

I am sure that you will do whatever is best for Bandit. Hopefully he will become adjusted to his new environment over the next couple of days and his confidence to be more mobile again will improve. Topping up the vibes for him xx

Sending more vibes for Bandit.

You (and your vet) are doing everything you can, and it just be quite difficult for you to see him with only a little improvement. I really hope things improve with the better weather for you both.

I have really good news. On Monday Bandit ran around the garden and since then he's got stronger and stronger. I was crying in my garden on Monday. I think he really has turned a corner. His head is still tilted but nowhere near as bad as it was. He hates having his meds now. I only have a few more every other day injections then it's every 3 days. It's been a massive weight off my mind. I have only just sorted out my broadband so haven't been able to update with the good news.

I have really good news. On Monday Bandit ran around the garden and since then he's got stronger and stronger. I was crying in my garden on Monday. I think he really has turned a corner. His head is still tilted but nowhere near as bad as it was. He hates having his meds now. I only have a few more every other day injections then it's every 3 days. It's been a massive weight off my mind. I have only just sorted out my broadband so haven't been able to update with the good news.

this really is amazing news and I am so pleased for you and Bandit :D

Fantastic news !! :D

Well done Bandit :love:

It just goes to show how important it is to have a rabbit savvy vet. It took time but Bandit didn't give up and so I didn't give up on him. I know he probably hasn't got much time left but even if he's got an extra few months it's been worth it.

It just goes to show how important it is to have a rabbit savvy vet. It took time but Bandit didn't give up and so I didn't give up on him. I know he probably hasn't got much time left but even if he's got an extra few months it's been worth it.

Every day will be precious :love:

Back