Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 59 of 59

Thread: Bunny moving head up and down (not eye movement)

  1. #51
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    In my Burrow
    Posts
    145,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bunny mummy 1 View Post
    Just spoke to the vet she said fine to stop all medication and monitor over the next week to see if any re-occurance. She's been on medicine for just over 3 weeks now
    I hope that there will be no recurrence of any symptoms xx
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    44,433

    Default

    Feel free to send me more vids

  3. #53
    Warren Scout bunny mummy 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Part of me thinks she should be on meds longer but she is fine I just don't want another relapse. It was scary because she was still acting normal and the vet wanted to sedete her and x-ray and I obviously wasn't keen. Vet said if symptoms come back to take her back in and will give more medicine. I do feel like they just want to get her in to get more money from me as both times I went looking at bailey she was fine so she doesn't actually need to go back to get medicine

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    44,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bunny mummy 1 View Post
    Part of me thinks she should be on meds longer but she is fine I just don't want another relapse. It was scary because she was still acting normal and the vet wanted to sedete her and x-ray and I obviously wasn't keen. Vet said if symptoms come back to take her back in and will give more medicine. I do feel like they just want to get her in to get more money from me as both times I went looking at bailey she was fine so she doesn't actually need to go back to get medicine

    It's difficult to know what to do. If you wanted her assessed by a different vet then that would be perfectly possible.

    Is she still doing OK?

  5. #55
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    In my Burrow
    Posts
    145,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bunny mummy 1 View Post
    Part of me thinks she should be on meds longer but she is fine I just don't want another relapse. It was scary because she was still acting normal and the vet wanted to sedete her and x-ray and I obviously wasn't keen. Vet said if symptoms come back to take her back in and will give more medicine. I do feel like they just want to get her in to get more money from me as both times I went looking at bailey she was fine so she doesn't actually need to go back to get medicine
    I doubt that the Vet would ask you to bring her back in just to make money. Most Vets really are not made that way. In order to prescribe any medication a Vet must keep clear records and this includes how and why repeat prescriptions are authorised. The Vet usually needs to actually examine a Rabbit at regular intervals when they place said Rabbit on a very long course of treatment. In recent times this especially applies to the use of antibiotics. Over prescribing of abx can be as much of a problem in Veterinary medicine as it can in human medicine. Also, with a longterm condition many Vets will not keep adding a Consultation fee to all the check-ups, or if they do it will be at a reduced rate.

    All that said, if you do not have trust in the Vet you are seeing then maybe it would be a good idea to seek a second opinion from another Vet at another Practice. However, I personally think you already attend an excellent very Rabbit Savvy Practice. But my opinion on that is irrelevent if you are not happy with the service they are providing.

    Best wishes for whatever you decide is best to do for your Rabbit
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

  6. #56
    Warren Scout bunny mummy 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    I doubt that the Vet would ask you to bring her back in just to make money. Most Vets really are not made that way. In order to prescribe any medication a Vet must keep clear records and this includes how and why repeat prescriptions are authorised. The Vet usually needs to actually examine a Rabbit at regular intervals when they place said Rabbit on a very long course of treatment. In recent times this especially applies to the use of antibiotics. Over prescribing of abx can be as much of a problem in Veterinary medicine as it can in human medicine. Also, with a longterm condition many Vets will not keep adding a Consultation fee to all the check-ups, or if they do it will be at a reduced rate.

    All that said, if you do not have trust in the Vet you are seeing then maybe it would be a good idea to seek a second opinion from another Vet at another Practice. However, I personally think you already attend an excellent very Rabbit Savvy Practice. But my opinion on that is irrelevent if you are not happy with the service they are providing.

    Best wishes for whatever you decide is best to do for your Rabbit
    Ashleigh vets would never consult without charging and regularly over charge! They even charge a dispense fee on top of medicine if you have to go back for more and that's about 8/9 a time for absolutely nothing but them handing over the medicine. Do feel like they always push you to spend more with things you don't need. Like refusing to prescribe panacur that's what like 6 a tube, without a 120 blood test first!

    But as you said they do have rabbit savvy vets which is the only reason I go other wise there is absolutely no chance I would go there. Had to argue on the phone with a receptionist once to speak to the vet as they hadn't given me enough medicine and despite me being in with rabbit the day before the receptionist was adamant the only way I would speak to the vet is with another 40 consultation as she was so busy. After a long argument the vet called me back and hadn't prescribed enough medicine that I had to pick up and got charges an extra 8/9 dispense fee despite it being their mistake!!

    They definitely make an already stressful experience so much worse! I get anxiety every time I have to call them!
    Last edited by bunny mummy 1; 05-04-2018 at 09:11 AM.

  7. #57
    Warren Scout bunny mummy 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    It's difficult to know what to do. If you wanted her assessed by a different vet then that would be perfectly possible.

    Is she still doing OK?
    She's still doing well my little trooper. Really hope she continues to get better. Don't want to have to go back to the vet

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    44,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bunny mummy 1 View Post
    Ashleigh vets would never consult without charging and regularly over charge! They even charge a dispense fee on top of medicine if you have to go back for more and that's about 8/9 a time for absolutely nothing but them handing over the medicine. Do feel like they always push you to spend more with things you don't need. Like refusing to prescribe panacur that's what like 6 a tube, without a 120 blood test first!

    But as you said they do have rabbit savvy vets which is the only reason I go other wise there is absolutely no chance I would go there. Had to argue on the phone with a receptionist once to speak to the vet as they hadn't given me enough medicine and despite me being in with rabbit the day before the receptionist was adamant the only way I would speak to the vet is with another 40 consultation as she was so busy. After a long argument the vet called me back and hadn't prescribed enough medicine that I had to pick up and got charges an extra 8/9 dispense fee despite it being their mistake!!

    They definitely make an already stressful experience so much worse! I get anxiety every time I have to call them!

    From what you've said here, and what you've told me privately, I do see your point entirely.

    A vet does not have to see a rabbit every time they prescribe medication, and if the symptoms require it and they have seen the rabbit recently they can re-prescribe. I have actually never been to a vet who has charged a dispense fee.

    Regards the Panacur, if I and my vet feel it's appropriate to dose my rabbits, then the vet dispenses me a whole bottle (100ml) costing not a lot over the Internet price and I don't use the small syringes of paste with graduations as I get a correct dose for each animal. I am not required to blood test my rabbits and we decide what's best practice between us.

    Also, 40 for a repeat consult is more expensive than I have ever known. I can quite see why this is stressing you out.

  9. #59
    Warren Scout bunny mummy 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    From what you've said here, and what you've told me privately, I do see your point entirely.

    A vet does not have to see a rabbit every time they prescribe medication, and if the symptoms require it and they have seen the rabbit recently they can re-prescribe. I have actually never been to a vet who has charged a dispense fee.

    Regards the Panacur, if I and my vet feel it's appropriate to dose my rabbits, then the vet dispenses me a whole bottle (100ml) costing not a lot over the Internet price and I don't use the small syringes of paste with graduations as I get a correct dose for each animal. I am not required to blood test my rabbits and we decide what's best practice between us.

    Also, 40 for a repeat consult is more expensive than I have ever known. I can quite see why this is stressing you out.
    It is really quite an awful experience especially as you only tend to visit your vet when there's something wrong so you are already stressed out and worried and don't have it in you to argue about being overcharged or dispense fees because the receptionist knows you need the medicine so they know you will pay. Your vet sound very open to listening to you and seems to be working with you rather than dictating. I do think I need another vet in future.

    There is one literally a 5 minute walk from me and if there was something physically wrong that you could see like an injury then I would go there but they mainly treat cats and dogs so as nice as they are they aren't as familiar with the illnesses that occur with foofs

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •