Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bunny moving head up and down (not eye movement)

In last consultation vet looked at eyes teeth and ears and listened to guts and all were normal. We are now on day 3 of medication and she's happy as Larry eating and climbing. The head bobbing started on the Monday and we went to the vet on Friday. It started after I had been away over night. She has no balance issues. It's really strange as everything else is totally normal. The vet said she wanted to see her back on wed or Thurs if no improvement I think there could be slight improvement but hard to measure as she's totally normal aside from the Bob. I'm reluctant to put her through sedation to go through an x-ray as she seems happy and normal and this could stress her out and also be costly

I've noticed it happens more when she doesn't recognise where she's going or there is something unusual on the floor

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bunny mummy 1 View Post
    I've noticed it happens more when she doesn't recognise where she's going or there is something unusual on the floor

From what you've said here I would guess it may be connected with her eyesight. However, the video seemed to indicate either neurological or ear infection.

Tomorrow morning is our vet appointment I think bailey seems less bobby but I'm not sure if that's wishful thinking

Banned

Tomorrow morning is our vet appointment I think bailey seems less bobby but I'm not sure if that's wishful thinking

Hope it goes well

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Hope it goes well
    Thanks don't know what at to expect

Bunny update: back to the vet yesterday. Didn't tell us much. Gave us another weeks antibiotics and stemetil and said if no improvement by early next week then they want to X-ray the skull and test for EC. Vet won't treat for EC without test as it suppresses immune system and if it's not EC can make other things worse

Banned

Bunny update: back to the vet yesterday. Didn't tell us much. Gave us another weeks antibiotics and stemetil and said if no improvement by early next week then they want to X-ray the skull and test for EC. Vet won't treat for EC without test as it suppresses immune system and if it's not EC can make other things worse

OK understood. I think another week on abx may not show massive improvement, but hope you're happy with what your vet's doing.

Wise Old Thumper

Did the Vet make any mention of the possibility of the symptoms being associated with a loss of vision, as I mentioned in an earlier post ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    If you do not see any improvement over the next few days then I would take her back to the Vet. Did the Vet actually examine her eyes at the last consultation, you do not mention it in your post about the consultation ?

There are certain conditions that can have an effect on a Rabbit's eyesight. Vertical head bobbing can indicate a degree of loss of vision.

https://www.vin.com/apputil/content/...eID=17&print=1

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...mology&f=false

http://wildpro.twycrosszoo.org/S/00d...tozoonosis.htm
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Did the Vet make any mention of the possibility of the symptoms being associated with a loss of vision, as I mentioned in an earlier post ?
    No the vet looked in her eyes and said they looked normal nothing she could see. Someone Elsey mentioned treating for EC and this is something I'm tempted to do although the vet didn't want to without a 120 test to see if she has EC and a 95 x-ray of her head. I personally feel it's a waste of money but from the outside their is nothing physically won't with her so don't know what other options I have