Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bunny moving head up and down (not eye movement)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bunny mummy 1 View Post
    Yes please will do now

Bunny update: Just got back from our rabbit vet. Apparently she's not under weight she weighs the same as last time (October) he listened to her stomach checked teeth and ears and bottom all normal. nothing physically wrong with her aside from a bobby head. She said it may be an inflammation of the inner ear and I have 7 days of Doxycycline for her along with metacam for inflammation

Banned

Bunny update: Just got back from our rabbit vet. Apparently she's not under weight she weighs the same as last time (October) he listened to her stomach checked teeth and ears and bottom all normal. nothing physically wrong with her aside from a bobby head. She said it may be an inflammation of the inner ear and I have 7 days of Doxycycline for her along with metacam for inflammation

Are you happy with that G?

it sounds a good way forward and thanks so much for updating

Wise Old Thumper

That sounds to have been a constructive consultation. I hope that the treatment brings about a resolution of the symptoms x
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

Not sure how happy I am as don't feel like I really know what's wrong with her but it might be my imagination but she seemed less bobby this morning. I was in a rush so didn't get to look properly and she's sleeping now so I'm not pestering her but hope to see some improvement

Banned

Not sure how happy I am as don't feel like I really know what's wrong with her but it might be my imagination but she seemed less bobby this morning. I was in a rush so didn't get to look properly and she's sleeping now so I'm not pestering her but hope to see some improvement

It's a worry certainly, but seeing the video you sent me I was sure you did the right thing taking her to the vet. I hope the abx will deal with the problem and she will stop the worrying behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    It's a worry certainly, but seeing the video you sent me I was sure you did the right thing taking her to the vet. I hope the abx will deal with the problem and she will stop the worrying behaviour.
    I don't know what to do if there is no improvement in a few days

Banned

You'll have to take her back. Did the vet agree there was something not quite right? Did you let him see the video?

How long has the bobbing been happening?

Wise Old Thumper

If you do not see any improvement over the next few days then I would take her back to the Vet. Did the Vet actually examine her eyes at the last consultation, you do not mention it in your post about the consultation ?

There are certain conditions that can have an effect on a Rabbit's eyesight. Vertical head bobbing can indicate a degree of loss of vision.

https://www.vin.com/apputil/content/...eID=17&print=1

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...mology&f=false

http://wildpro.twycrosszoo.org/S/00d...tozoonosis.htm
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

Banned

Do feel free to send me any more videos. I'll be happy to look at them for you.

I know it's really difficult to find a cause for the bobbing.