• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone have lino on top of carpet?

Mervinius

Mama Doe
We are going to get some lino for the buns pen and I think it will need to be stuck to plywood. My OH thinks it can go on top of the landlords deep pile carpet!!!

Does anyone have lino on carpet here? I think it will move around too much with the buns zooming around.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

We used to and it was a nightmare. As you've said it moves around and get lumps and bumps in. We tried tucking it under chests of drawers etc at the edges and it still did it. To begin with we were trying to cover the majority of the floor though, which was a bit ambitious. If it was for a smaller area it might not be too bad but I think the wood idea is a good one x

Haven't personally, but I can't imagine that working well at all... [emoji32]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Thanks. This gives me more info to convince OH. Just got to find a way of getting sheets of plywood here. Our car is tiny lol

If you go to b and q they will cut to size, you might need a few pieces to cover the area you need :thumb:

I had a small piece over very flat carpet and it kept moving about even when weighed down!

Hope you find a good solution.

You might be able to find a local timber merchant that delivers, hopefully for just a small fee x
I emailed one yesterday and they don't deliver to my area :-( but I will try a few more... very excited to create the buns a new home. What would you stock the lino with?

Back