• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2018 Rabbit Welfare Assoc Conference

Bumping this up!

There is a small posse of us that are thinking of going.

Please let me know - here or privately - if you are also thinking about it, and would like to meet up :D

I am tempted too - especially as I usually work Friday evenings and Sunday mornings. It is a lot of money though, with petrol and accommodation added in. Am going to see where there is to stay locally and what sort of prices they are charging. I would either need to get up very early on the Saturday or come up on the Friday afternoon.

It would be a mini holiday though - and I never have proper holidays.

I am tempted too - especially as I usually work Friday evenings and Sunday mornings. It is a lot of money though, with petrol and accommodation added in. Am going to see where there is to stay locally and what sort of prices they are charging. I would either need to get up very early on the Saturday or come up on the Friday afternoon.

It would be a mini holiday though - and I never have proper holidays.

Yes I will investigate local places too, as I would go the day before. It would be a mini holiday. A working one though - as well as fun :)

Yes I will investigate local places too, as I would go the day before. It would be a mini holiday. A working one though - as well as fun :)

I wonder if there is a small chalet or somewhere those of us who need to stay could hire together. It would probably be cheaper. I have found two places nearby but would have a small single room with shared bathroom and no breakfast included with one and both are quite expensive:(

A holiday cottage might be much cheaper than individual hotels if there’s a few of us - in June it should still be possible to book for the weekend rather than the full week. The other option is a youth hostel or back packer hostel ?

A holiday cottage might be much cheaper than individual hotels if there’s a few of us - in June it should still be possible to book for the weekend rather than the full week. The other option is a youth hostel or back packer hostel ?

I hate to shatter your dreams, but I am no longer a youth :shock::lol:

I thought exactly the same thing and at my age the thought of sharing with strangers fills me with horror.

The thought of sharing with anyone at all (apart, perhaps, from George Clooney - if I can have an hour to prepare and the lights dimmed) fills me with horror. :lol:

The thought of sharing with anyone at all (apart, perhaps, from George Clooney - if I can have an hour to prepare and the lights dimmed) fills me with horror. :lol:

You'd only need an hour? I would need at least a week to prepare !! :lol:

Back