• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mr waffle

Floss86

New Kit
My poor bun Mr waffle passed away last night :-(

He'd been sick for 10 days and I did everything I could to make him better and after a trip to the vets last night I didn't want to leave him on his own there so I brought him home to syringe water every 20 minutes throughout the night. 20 minutes after we arrived back home he died snuggled in a towel on my lap. It's the first pet I have had since a child and it's quite upsetting. I wasn't prepared for him to go so soon even though I knew he was likely going to be put to sleep this morning anyway... I thought he would survive the night, not the half an hour he did.

Its so strange without him here it's amazing how much these little fluff balls can mean to you. He was a beautiful, caring rabbit, chased the vacuum, pulled the blanket for a fuss and waited at the living room door when you came in. Now I have his friend (I don't think they were bonded as she only came 3 days before he got sick and he then spent the last few days with just me) who hates me and I'm not sure what to do because I just want my waffie back! I don't want to replace him and feel it's mean to leave the new rabbit living alone like he had been (he was also a rescue)

Gosh, I'm so sorry you lost Waffle. They certainly do take a chunk of your heart when they go. I'd not decide about your girl bun whilst is still so raw

Sweet dreams Waffle

Gosh, I'm so sorry you lost Waffle. They certainly do take a chunk of your heart when they go. I'd not decide about your girl bun whilst is still so raw

Sweet dreams Waffle

She's not very nice to be honest, she did just let me stroke her but then bit me and growled at me! Part of the adoption agreement was that she will not live alone and I just don't want to replace waff. I also don't want to feel this sad again so puts me off having another!

I think it was worse because he died here with me. I keep looking at the floor where I lay him down after and almost crying again!

So sorry to see this. :( I think it can be extra hard when you've got a bunny left behind to worry about. But try not to make any big decisions while everything feels so awful. It will get better x

My poor bun Mr waffle passed away last night :-(

He'd been sick for 10 days and I did everything I could to make him better and after a trip to the vets last night I didn't want to leave him on his own there so I brought him home to syringe water every 20 minutes throughout the night. 20 minutes after we arrived back home he died snuggled in a towel on my lap. It's the first pet I have had since a child and it's quite upsetting. I wasn't prepared for him to go so soon even though I knew he was likely going to be put to sleep this morning anyway... I thought he would survive the night, not the half an hour he did.

Its so strange without him here it's amazing how much these little fluff balls can mean to you. He was a beautiful, caring rabbit, chased the vacuum, pulled the blanket for a fuss and waited at the living room door when you came in. Now I have his friend (I don't think they were bonded as she only came 3 days before he got sick and he then spent the last few days with just me) who hates me and I'm not sure what to do because I just want my waffie back! I don't want to replace him and feel it's mean to leave the new rabbit living alone like he had been (he was also a rescue)

Please be gentle with yourself. Grief is very hard.

So many of my rabbits have taken pieces of my heart up to heaven with them that I swear there is more of it up there than down here with me now.

Lots of hugs x

Sending lots of hugs. Losing a rabbit can be so very hard and you will be feeling a mixture of emotions. Like others have said, try not to make any decisions about your girl yet.

Back