• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New 6' Hutch at Pets at Home

tonibun

Wise Old Thumper
They are at last producing a 2-tier 6' hutch, 2'deep. Excited, as on the Island you can't get a similar one anywhere or have one delivered from the Mainland. I want one, or two! I hope also they are making covers as well.

I rang our store but they won't be able to have an assembled one on show as they don't have enough space, so I can order one but it will be flat-packed. No good for me as I can't find anyone to assemble it without it costing too much. :cry:

I rang our store but they won't be able to have an assembled one on show as they don't have enough space, so I can order one but it will be flat-packed. No good for me as I can't find anyone to assemble it without it costing too much. :cry:

That’s rubbish. There’s no way a 6ft hutch is too big to display - if they really wanted to, they’d make space. It will put loads of people off if they can’t see it built. Shame.

That's a shame. Would a neighbour maybe be able to help build it? What about their teenaged sons/daughters who would probably like maybe £10?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

That's a shame. Would a neighbour maybe be able to help build it? What about their teenaged sons/daughters who would probably like maybe £10?

My neighbours are either alcoholics or ill. There are no teenage sons around. Alan used to do things like this for me around 15 years ago but he is not interested anymore. He's 75 and just wants to walk the dog or sit and do nothing! He's retired!

My neighbours are either alcoholics or ill. There are no teenage sons around. Alan used to do things like this for me around 15 years ago but he is not interested anymore. He's 75 and just wants to walk the dog or sit and do nothing! He's retired!
Awh I'm sorry :(
If I lived closer I'd be happy to make the journey to come and help you

Awh I'm sorry :(
If I lived closer I'd be happy to make the journey to come and help you

Aw thanks! I might try asking on Just Bunnies, a local website to see if anyone can loan their husband out for a couple of hours!

Aw thanks! I might try asking on Just Bunnies, a local website to see if anyone can loan their husband out for a couple of hours!
That is a good idea.
If that doesn't work send me a PM and we can arrange for me to "pop over" to help out.

It doesn't have to be a husband. I would make that hutch solo without hesitation, it really wouldn't be difficult for anyone with a bit of experience. I have made up five and six foot hutches myself a few times. An electric screwdriver is a good investment.

Where abouts do you live? Maybe someone lives near you :) xx

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

That’s a step in the right direction, if only they’d stop selling the smaller hutches and indoor cages. Oh and rabbits!

Hope you can get someone to help with the build, I’m too far away but love a bunny building or diy project so would have been happy to help if I was closer!

That’s a step in the right direction, if only they’d stop selling the smaller hutches and indoor cages. Oh and rabbits!

Hope you can get someone to help with the build, I’m too far away but love a bunny building or diy project so would have been happy to help if I was closer!

I hate those indoor cages and yes if only they would stop selling rabbits.

Back