Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: Doughnuts having another dental three weeks after her other one

  1. #1
    Warren Veteran cpayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dartford
    Posts
    6,555

    Default Doughnuts having another dental three weeks after her other one

    Took her back to mark as she wasn't right and sneezing. She's got a respiratory infection bloated and another spur digging into her tongue. It's grow back quickly as not felt great so not eating as much hay. She had carried eating again though but just noticed she didn't rush for her food and was sneezing.

    Got to call at 3 to find out if I can pick her up. Sure she'll be fine but don't like her going under with a respiratory but trust him totally

  2. #2
    Wise Old Thumper Jack's-Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    133,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cpayne View Post
    Took her back to mark as she wasn't right and sneezing. She's got a respiratory infection bloated and another spur digging into her tongue. It's grow back quickly as not felt great so not eating as much hay. She had carried eating again though but just noticed she didn't rush for her food and was sneezing.

    Got to call at 3 to find out if I can pick her up. Sure she'll be fine but don't like her going under with a respiratory but trust him totally
    Oh dear poor little Miss D I really hope that all will go well for her. Is Mark taking skull radiographs this time ? I cant remember if he did so last time.

    Sending lots of vibes xx



    A Rabbit Savvy small animal Veterinary Surgery in Twickenham, SW London
    https://www.twickenhamvets.com/

  3. #3
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    37,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cpayne View Post
    Took her back to mark as she wasn't right and sneezing. She's got a respiratory infection bloated and another spur digging into her tongue. It's grow back quickly as not felt great so not eating as much hay. She had carried eating again though but just noticed she didn't rush for her food and was sneezing.

    Got to call at 3 to find out if I can pick her up. Sure she'll be fine but don't like her going under with a respiratory but trust him totally

    Poor you And poor Doughnut!

    I hope all goes well this time x
    Please vaccinate your rabbits for RHD2 as well ..
    Two more house rabbit deaths just confirmed


    Reliable, up to date advice on RHD2: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...40#post7012340

  4. #4
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    12,137

    Default

    Poor Doughnut Sending lots of vibes for her.
    "The mind tells me this is our new reality, the heart aches for it to be just a bad dream" Frans Timmermans

  5. #5
    Warren Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    9,546

    Default

    Lots of vibes for brave little Doughnut

  6. #6
    Warren Veteran cpayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dartford
    Posts
    6,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Oh dear poor little Miss D I really hope that all will go well for her. Is Mark taking skull radiographs this time ? I cant remember if he did so last time.

    Sending lots of vibes xx
    Thanks everyone. I'm not sure. He didn't say he was. I said I thought it was her teeth again and a respiratory. He said yes respiratory and bloated but would be surprised if her teeth so soon. Then looked in her mouth and said well I'm surprised it is her teeth too. He said he doesn't normally take them back really low but because she was unwell it didn't wear them down so will take them down lower

    she's a funny little one. She was still playing with her cups and happy and eating so it's quite difficult to tell when she's unwell. It's only because I know how greedy she is and she was leaving her muesli then going back to it. That's unheard of. It's normally finished in one go

  7. #7
    Wise Old Thumper Jack's-Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    133,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cpayne View Post
    Thanks everyone. I'm not sure. He didn't say he was. I said I thought it was her teeth again and a respiratory. He said yes respiratory and bloated but would be surprised if her teeth so soon. Then looked in her mouth and said well I'm surprised it is her teeth too. He said he doesn't normally take them back really low but because she was unwell it didn't wear them down so will take them down lower

    she's a funny little one. She was still playing with her cups and happy and eating so it's quite difficult to tell when she's unwell. It's only because I know how greedy she is and she was leaving her muesli then going back to it. That's unheard of. It's normally finished in one go
    Bless her I bet she does not think she's 'greedy', she just likes to optimise her nutritional intake !!



    A Rabbit Savvy small animal Veterinary Surgery in Twickenham, SW London
    https://www.twickenhamvets.com/

  8. #8
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    37,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cpayne View Post
    Thanks everyone. I'm not sure. He didn't say he was. I said I thought it was her teeth again and a respiratory. He said yes respiratory and bloated but would be surprised if her teeth so soon. Then looked in her mouth and said well I'm surprised it is her teeth too. He said he doesn't normally take them back really low but because she was unwell it didn't wear them down so will take them down lower

    she's a funny little one. She was still playing with her cups and happy and eating so it's quite difficult to tell when she's unwell. It's only because I know how greedy she is and she was leaving her muesli then going back to it. That's unheard of. It's normally finished in one go

    Really great you know her so well. So difficult to spot these things, and then to know the cause of the problem!
    Please vaccinate your rabbits for RHD2 as well ..
    Two more house rabbit deaths just confirmed


    Reliable, up to date advice on RHD2: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...40#post7012340

  9. #9
    Forum Buddy Zoobec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    25,328

    Default

    Sending lots of vibes for her xx

    Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

  10. #10
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    IOW
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Hoping all goes well with Doughnut xx They all like to optimise their intake!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •