• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bored Bunny, needs new toys.

Bela

New Kit
Hi! So my bunnies are bored, ive gotten them a few carrot shaped chews, but they need more.
Im new to the bunny community, and havnt had my buns very long. What kind of toys should i get, any recommendations?

Mine don’t bother with toys so much - they do occasionally throw them around but are much more interested in homemade food orientated boredom breakers. I put some hay and treats into things like empty toilet roll tubes, cereal boxes, paper bags, etc and they go mad breaking into them to get the food.

Toy wise they have stacking cups (also good for hiding food in!), a baby rattle and some plastic links that would be used to hang baby toys from (like these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kids-Brigh...TF8&qid=1520465127&sr=8-2&keywords=Baby+links)

The main thing mine like is SPACE. They are able to have a couple of hours free range time in the garden each day which really seems to help them settle.

I also give loo roll inners stuffed with hay and treats and wicker tunnels the same (treats such as fresh herbs or carrot peelings).

A lot of my bunnies spend hours chewing their hay. Rabbits in the wild spend a good few hours grazing, and relaxing in the sun, grooming.

My buns' favourite things are sticks to chew, balls to throw and chew, tunnels, plant pots to throw, and finding their food which we hang, hide and generally make it challenging!

Back