• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Fleur not herself :(

Graciee

Staff member
So yesterday she had been building tunnels in her hay, made a whole little system, honestly it was very impressive. She had been doing this ever since the snow, and I'd been giving her snugglesafes because her ears felt a little cool. Once she got on the snugglesafe she warmed up so wasn't too worried about her. But yesterdays tunnels were more intricate [emoji38] anyway she's extremely attached to me so her not popping her head out and saying hi was weird, then I called her name (which she knows and always comes to) no movement. I shake the treat tin... Nothing...

So I left her for a bit and then came back she was happier to see me again but didn't want a treat... Which has never happened before... This really worried me. I then offered her some dry apple which she ate then a different type of hard treat which she also ate, but she'd left her breakfast. I'm wondering if it's her teeth? :S

She did eventually eat her small amount of pellets it took her all day though. She hasn't drank much over night. She's had a tiny bit of her pellets today, but still isn't interested in treats. Her output is less.. But okay - she's also eating hay (not sure how much because she converts everything into a tunnel, but I have seen her eating hay)

So straight to the vet? See how she goes a bit more? I don't wanna take her to the vet unless it's needed because she she's very upset in the vets (I know most bunnies do - but she gets vocal) she's actually the weirdest rabbit I've ever encountered [emoji38] but yea opinions/advice appreciated :) x

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

:love: her tunnelling sounds adorable:love:

I agree it sounds dental. Can you try her on something easier to eat? Herbs, grass, chopped veggies? I'm afraid I'd take her to the vet asap, just so she's not in full stasis should she need admitting for GA & dental. Loads of vibes x

As whatever is causing Fleur's issues has lasted more than a few hours, I personally would take her to the vet today to be examined. It sounds like it could be a dental issue, but Rex rabbits are not usual sufferers, because of their head shape. As her output is less, she is obviously not eating as much as normal and I would want to find out why that was before it became more serious.

Thanks both got an appointment for this evening - I know its the right thing to do - she has the rex coat, but I don't actually know where she came from... So maybe she's a mix that got the rex fur? I don't know how breeding works honestly. When I got my other two the breeder mentioned they shouldn't have issues with their teeth, forget the reason he gave..

I'm really sorry Fleur isn't herself [emoji17] I think you're doing the right thing getting her seen by the vet today. I'm a great believer in getting any potential stasis episodes nipped in the bud as quickly as possible.

Good luck for the appointment x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really sorry Fleur isn't herself [emoji17] I think you're doing the right thing getting her seen by the vet today. I'm a great believer in getting any potential stasis episodes nipped in the bud as quickly as possible.

I agree

Hope Fleur will soon be feeling better x

Thanks :) yea I was just hoping she'd improve if she'd stopped eating I would've taken her yesterday, but she ate all her veggies and stuff it was just the harder foods she didn't seem interested in - hopefully the vet will be able to have a look at her teeth or work out what's up x

Thanks both got an appointment for this evening - I know its the right thing to do - she has the rex coat, but I don't actually know where she came from... So maybe she's a mix that got the rex fur? I don't know how breeding works honestly. When I got my other two the breeder mentioned they shouldn't have issues with their teeth, forget the reason he gave..

Oh Grace - bun problems again!

Hope all goes well this evening. To be honest, I think you're right to nip it in the bud. I would do the same :D

Oh Grace - bun problems again!

Hope all goes well this evening. To be honest, I think you're right to nip it in the bud. I would do the same :D
Yea, was hoping for more of a break from the bun issues [emoji38]

She's eaten her breakfast pellets, which is good, but she's not drinking really, Idk whether to syringe her some water, offer her something in some water that smells and tastes nice or just wait til vet sees her tbh :(

She's eaten her breakfast pellets, which is good, but she's not drinking really, Idk whether to syringe her some water, offer her something in some water that smells and tastes nice or just wait til vet sees her tbh :(

Does she have a sipper bottle or a bowl to drink from ? If a bottle try offering her a bowl of water. If she usually has a bowl try offering her luke warm water rather than cold xx

It wouldn't do any harm to offer her something in the water (a bit of whizzed up apple?) to encourage drinking/hydration. You can also ask the vet about fluids when you get there. That can help sometimes help but doesn't always make a difference.

Good luck xx

It wouldn't do any harm to offer her something in the water (a bit of whizzed up apple?) to encourage drinking/hydration. You can also ask the vet about fluids when you get there. That can help sometimes help but doesn't always make a difference.

Good luck xx
I just tried literally that as apple is her favourite... But no it got a shove with her nose and she wasn't impressed [emoji38] she just ate some extremely wet parsley tho which is good x

I just tried literally that as apple is her favourite... But no it got a shove with her nose and she wasn't impressed [emoji38] she just ate some extremely wet parsley tho which is good x

Jeez what a fussytops! Guess the vet will have to work his magic then ... :)

Jeez what a fussytops! Guess the vet will have to work his magic then ... :)
Yea [emoji38] Clementine and Atticus are far easier to deal with.

Sticks just arrived earlier apparently, so I just gave her one and she's chewing it... So how likely is it that her teeth are in pain? [emoji38] x
74b915dd2abcd042d79a494ccfed8363.jpg
2c74ed73c721d9ce97cd1e26daf72e1d.jpg

So she has gas againnn, poor thing

Blood glucose level high, did xray no blockage, saw gas was in colon so apparently that's good and it means its moving?

On cisapride and loxicom and syringing water every 6 hours as she literally won't drink (vet thinks this is weird - anyone have this issue?) changed her litter tray again so can monitor her output still, and just gunna see how she is tomorrow and if no better have to take her back :( x

So she has gas againnn, poor thing

Blood glucose level high, did xray no blockage, saw gas was in colon so apparently that's good and it means its moving?

On cisapride and loxicom and syringing water every 6 hours as she literally won't drink (vet thinks this is weird - anyone have this issue?) changed her litter tray again so can monitor her output still, and just gunna see how she is tomorrow and if no better have to take her back :( x

Fingers crossed for her Grace.

Is she on Infacol as well?

Fingers crossed for her Grace.

Is she on Infacol as well?
No I haven't given her any, it did help last time :)

She's very 'sad' and quiet and her ears are chilly :( just given her snugglesafes x

Back