Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do the RSPCA ever rehome rabbits longish distance?

Wise Old Thumper

It very much depends on the branch. There isn't a 'covers all' policy and they also rehome to different standards. It's possible, but you'd need to enquire with the branch involved as to whether or not they would do it Good luck
    PLEASE DONíT QUOTE MY POSTS IN ANY THREADS I START. Thank you

Please Remember to Advocate for your Rabbit.

'I have the responsibility to do what I want in a world of others, but so does everyone else and it works best if we take each other into account.' (EVD)

Thank you so much for all of your encouraging replies. After picking up the phone several times yesterday - as well as starting an email - I have decided that I need to wait. My accommodation wonít be completely ready until early May and Iím at the hospital in 2 weeks and should hopefully get a date for my imminent surgery. I need to be sensible and should not be looking at potential new bunny friends yet, itís trap, Iíve fallen into before. If heís still there when Iím ready who knows

Quote Originally Posted by orangediva View Post
    Thank you so much for all of your encouraging replies. After picking up the phone several times yesterday - as well as starting an email - I have decided that I need to wait. My accommodation wonít be completely ready until early May and Iím at the hospital in 2 weeks and should hopefully get a date for my imminent surgery. I need to be sensible and should not be looking at potential new bunny friends yet, itís trap, Iíve fallen into before. If heís still there when Iím ready who knows

You are so absolutely right to do this, though doesn't the heart tug on you??

If he's still there, then he will be the right one for you. You could always register your interest at this stage 'just in case'.

I hope all goes smoothly at the hospital for you x

Thanks MM - yep tugged heartstrings here for sure.

I did think about chatting to them to say I’m interested but don’t want to waste their time - and what if somebody nice comes along for him now. He’s had a rough start he deserves a lovely home not someone saying you can have a home but not yet, bless him. Cheers for the support xx

Quote Originally Posted by orangediva View Post
    Thanks MM - yep tugged heartstrings here for sure.

I did think about chatting to them to say Iím interested but donít want to waste their time - and what if somebody nice comes along for him now. Heís had a rough start he deserves a lovely home not someone saying you can have a home but not yet, bless him. Cheers for the support xx

I have always found with my rescue buns that if I make the enquiry and put it to the back of my mind, something seems to happen regarding it. Often there's been a reason why 'that particular rabbit' isn't available ... But either that rabbit becomes available or another even lovelier one comes along.

Just saying ...
    If you felt like it, you could make the enquiry and put it out to the Universe. Even if you don't believe in that sort of thing. Depends how strongly you feel. If there's no statement of intention, there can be no rabbit

Yes we have adopted twice out of our area from RSPCA, in our case the branch we adopted from organised with the local branch near to do an homecheck. once homecheck in place they report back to the branch and away you go.
    Maybe email the branch explain your situation which we did as like yourself we did not want to go down and be turned away, even before we arrived at the branch they had set in motion who was going to come out and do an homecheck. Go for it.

RSPCA have done both of our home checks when we've adopted them. Boo was a good distance away. All RSPCA operate differently though. Everything crossed you get your bun

Thank you for the replies, funnily enough I’ve been thinking about him this afternoon. Watching my lot run and binky round the garden, I could picture him here too. He still appears to be waiting for his forever home - I can’t imagine why, he’s gorgeous. I guess his poor start, shyness and the fact he’s needed a dental might be putting people off. I’d love to give him a chance at being happy - if he’s still there once I know what’s happening with my op I’ll be trying to get him.

Oh best of luck. I can relate to looking on rabbit rehome and having your heart strings tugged!

Quote Originally Posted by tulsi View Post
    Oh best of luck. I can relate to looking on rabbit rehome and having your heart strings tugged!

Here here