Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gemini Dental Aug 20 2018

Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    Jane and MM,

Thank you for your reassurance in regards to his soft poo. He had less of the soft poo today, but what he had smelled very stinky. I cleaned his rear as much as he would allow. He also had some smaller/hard poos so I suspect that is also because he is not getting enough fiber. Gemini still has the eye movements in both eyes to about the same extent as yesterday at this time and his head has approximately the same amount of tilt. However, he is falling less often as he moves around. Today he also ate a small amount of greens from carrot tops and dandelion greens; plus he even managed to drink a little from his water bottle without falling over. He still needs the critical care/ground pellet mash and sub Q fluids along with his meds.

You're welcome

I don't know about you, but when problems seem to keep coming, and sleep is deprived, I can lose a sense of perspective over what's normal and what's worrying. Everything becomes worrying!

I like that he's eaten a bit and drunk from the bottle without falling over. Bless his little heart

Sending vibes xx

His eye movements are only happening occasionally. The only thing he eats well are the greens from organic carrots. He nibbles a couple strands of hay then stops and he is not eating dandelion greens.
    It is hard to determine if his teeth are bothering him too or if chewing bothers his ear.

His eye movements are only happening occasionally. The only thing he eats well are the greens from organic carrots. He nibbles a couple strands of hay then stops and he is not eating dandelion greens.
    It is hard to determine if his teeth are bothering him too or if chewing bothers his ear.
    IME a Rabbit with ear pain often favours soft foods. Also, Gemini is bound to be feeling rather 'bleurgh' and so his appetite in general may not be great. I have Labyrinthitis at the moment and if a Rabbit with any type of vestibular disturbance feels anything like I do just now then I can totally understand how they do not want to eat much at all.

It's good that the nystagmus has reduced. I really hope that he can keep fighting on. Lots more vibes being sent xx

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF)- The UK'S biggest and best organisation for Rabbit lovers

https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Rabbit Health and Diseases, a list of useful online information

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems

Myxomatosis, RHD1 and RHD2- VACCINATION IS ESSENTIAL

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...60#post7041560

I am so glad that the nystagmus has reduced.

Sorry about his appetite. The vet could prescribe a vitamin B injection which often perks them up.

Sending loads of vibes x

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    IME a Rabbit with ear pain often favours soft foods. Also, Gemini is bound to be feeling rather 'bleurgh' and so his appetite in general may not be great. I have Labyrinthitis at the moment and if a Rabbit with any type of vestibular disturbance feels anything like I do just now then I can totally understand how they do not want to eat much at all.

It's good that the nystagmus has reduced. I really hope that he can keep fighting on. Lots more vibes being sent xx
    Hi Jane,

I am sorry you are feeling ill ATM. I am sending you some positive vibes.

Gemini is doing a bit better each day and today I did not see any nystagmus and he also had less of a tilt in his head. He is moving better too. I still have him on a critical care/ground pellet mix and sub Q fluids. He is also on a medium dose of Medicam (he was on a low dose prior to this because of his chronic dental issues) and getting the abx as directed.

It is likely he was close to needing another dental procedure prior to his becoming ill; so now I need to wait until Gemini is feeling better.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    I am so glad that the nystagmus has reduced.

Sorry about his appetite. The vet could prescribe a vitamin B injection which often perks them up.

Sending loads of vibes x
    Hi MM,

Today I did not see any nystagmus. Since he is only eating the green tops of organic carrots I went to the store and purchased a few more bunches. I was glad they had some because they are not always available with the green tops. The cashier sees the carrots, dandelions, and some other greens and commented on my healthy choices!!! Some people are so judgmental that I am reluctant to tell people I do not know well that I am purchasing them for my pet bunnies. In this world there is so much evil that it is upsetting when some people make mean comments about the level of care I give my pets which is harmless (other than to my pocketbook) even if it is not something they would do themselves. That is why I am so thankful for the people on RU.

After more than two weeks, Gemini still has a minor tilt to his head, but no more eye or head movements. He still is not eating much on his own and when I weighed him he lost a few ounces so he weighs less than he ever weighed in the time he has been mine. Gemini has chronic dental issues, and prior to his head tilt/infection he was already slowing down on his eating. He would have had a dental already had he not developed the awful head tilt, eye/head movements, and balance issues. Therefore, I called the vet and he agreed we need to sedate him and check his teeth. Gemini is scheduled for his dental on Monday and I am asking for some positive vibes that he will soon return to his regular eating habits. In the meantime, he will continue to get his abx, medicam, and critical care.

I hope that Gemini will soon be fully better, and eating normally. It’s such a worry when they aren’t right! I’m sending lots of vibes for his dental on Monday xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Wise Old Thumper

Sounds like a good decision to get his dental done. I hope it goes well.
    " We will remain friends until the end of days, and one day longer"......Donald Tusk

After more than two weeks, Gemini still has a minor tilt to his head, but no more eye or head movements. He still is not eating much on his own and when I weighed him he lost a few ounces so he weighs less than he ever weighed in the time he has been mine. Gemini has chronic dental issues, and prior to his head tilt/infection he was already slowing down on his eating. He would have had a dental already had he not developed the awful head tilt, eye/head movements, and balance issues. Therefore, I called the vet and he agreed we need to sedate him and check his teeth. Gemini is scheduled for his dental on Monday and I am asking for some positive vibes that he will soon return to his regular eating habits. In the meantime, he will continue to get his abx, medicam, and critical care.

Positive vibes for Gemini. I hope the sedation doesn't affect his head tilt and that he eats much better after the dental