Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: Asking for positive vibes for Gemini Update 3/30

  1. #1
    Mama Doe bunny momma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,813

    Default Asking for positive vibes for Gemini Update 3/30

    Last evening my back was sore from awkwardly lifting a large box of timothy hay earlier in the day, so my spouse had to do most of the bunny care. It was not until 3am that my spouse mumbled that Gemini did not eat his dandelion greens and that Gemini drank very little water. My first thought was Gemini was in need of another dental so I mixed up some critical care and prepared the fluids. Gemini accepted the critical care and fluids, so after I gave him some Medicam I tried to get some rest. I checked on him an hour later and he seemed wobbly when he hopped out of his litter box. I suspected an infection so I gave him some abx. As I held him he gave me many kisses. He is such a sweet boy.
    Late this afternoon, as he arrived at the vets his head began to tilt and his one eye had nystagmus. At this point he is being treated for an ear infection with a different antibiotic that my vet sayHe was seen by my rabbit savvy vet late this afternoon as was prescribed a different antibiotic. He just got his first dose of this abx and I am asking for positive vibes for Gemini that we will see some progress, or at least no more decline, soon.
    I have made his area more friendly for a bunny with balance issues.
    Last edited by bunny momma; 30-03-2018 at 08:09 AM.

  2. #2
    Warren Scout Ross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Sending lots of good vibes!!

  3. #3
    Wise Old Thumper Jack's-Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    133,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    Last evening my back was sore from awkwardly lifting a large box of timothy hay earlier in the day, so my spouse had to do most of the bunny care. It was not until 3am that my spouse mumbled that Gemini did not eat his dandelion greens and that Gemini drank very little water. My first thought was Gemini was in need of another dental so I mixed up some critical care and prepared the fluids. Gemini accepted the critical care and fluids, so after I gave him some Medicam I tried to get some rest. I checked on him an hour later and he seemed wobbly when he hopped out of his litter box. I suspected an infection so I gave him some abx. As I held him he gave me many kisses. He is such a sweet boy.
    Late this afternoon, as he arrived at the vets his head began to tilt and his one eye had nystagmus. At this point he is being treated for an ear infection with a different antibiotic that my vet sayHe was seen by my rabbit savvy vet late this afternoon as was prescribed a different antibiotic. He just got his first dose of this abx and I am asking for positive vibes for Gemini that we will see some progress, or at least no more decline, soon.
    I have made his area more friendly for a bunny with balance issues.
    Oh T this really is the last thing you need right now When are you going to catch a break from all the stress and worry I expect you have already read a lot of the following information, but I'll post the links anyway:

    http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Neurology/head_tilt.htm

    http://www.veterinarywebinars.com/me...se_Rabbits.pdf

    https://www.mspca.org/angell_service...lt-in-rabbits/

    http://wildpro.twycrosszoo.org/S/00d...diaInterna.htm

    http://www.disabledrabbits.com/head-tilt.html

    https://www.dechra.co.uk/therapy-are...ion/e-cuniculi


    Finally, I dont know if you use Facebook but if you do there is a UK based group on there dedicated to offering advice and support for anyone caring for a Rabbit with Head Tilt. You may want to join the group if you are a Facebooker

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/HelpforHeadTiltHoppers/

    Sending you many hugs T. You know where I am if I can be any more help or just be a 'listening' ear xx



    A Rabbit Savvy small animal Veterinary Surgery in Twickenham, SW London
    https://www.twickenhamvets.com/

  4. #4
    Forum Buddy Zoobec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    25,330

    Default

    Thinking of you and Sending lots of vibes for Gemini xx

    Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

  5. #5
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    12,139

    Default

    Thinking of you and sending loads of vibes for Gemini.
    "The mind tells me this is our new reality, the heart aches for it to be just a bad dream" Frans Timmermans

  6. #6

    Default

    Sending vibes x

  7. #7
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    37,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    Last evening my back was sore from awkwardly lifting a large box of timothy hay earlier in the day, so my spouse had to do most of the bunny care. It was not until 3am that my spouse mumbled that Gemini did not eat his dandelion greens and that Gemini drank very little water. My first thought was Gemini was in need of another dental so I mixed up some critical care and prepared the fluids. Gemini accepted the critical care and fluids, so after I gave him some Medicam I tried to get some rest. I checked on him an hour later and he seemed wobbly when he hopped out of his litter box. I suspected an infection so I gave him some abx. As I held him he gave me many kisses. He is such a sweet boy.
    Late this afternoon, as he arrived at the vets his head began to tilt and his one eye had nystagmus. At this point he is being treated for an ear infection with a different antibiotic that my vet sayHe was seen by my rabbit savvy vet late this afternoon as was prescribed a different antibiotic. He just got his first dose of this abx and I am asking for positive vibes for Gemini that we will see some progress, or at least no more decline, soon.
    I have made his area more friendly for a bunny with balance issues.

    I hope that Gemini begins and improvement very soon on the antibiotic.

    What a worry for you.

    Sending loads of vibes, and strength for you xx
    Please vaccinate your rabbits for RHD2 as well ..
    Two more house rabbit deaths just confirmed


    Reliable, up to date advice on RHD2: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...40#post7012340

  8. #8
    Mama Doe bunny momma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Oh T this really is the last thing you need right now When are you going to catch a break from all the stress and worry I expect you have already read a lot of the following information, but I'll post the links anyway:

    http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Neurology/head_tilt.htm

    http://www.veterinarywebinars.com/me...se_Rabbits.pdf

    https://www.mspca.org/angell_service...lt-in-rabbits/

    http://wildpro.twycrosszoo.org/S/00d...diaInterna.htm

    http://www.disabledrabbits.com/head-tilt.html

    https://www.dechra.co.uk/therapy-are...ion/e-cuniculi


    Finally, I dont know if you use Facebook but if you do there is a UK based group on there dedicated to offering advice and support for anyone caring for a Rabbit with Head Tilt. You may want to join the group if you are a Facebooker

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/HelpforHeadTiltHoppers/

    Sending you many hugs T. You know where I am if I can be any more help or just be a 'listening' ear xx
    Thanks for putting the information at my fingertips, and for your good thoughts.

  9. #9
    Mama Doe bunny momma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,813

    Default

    Zoobec, Omi, Cuthbert, and Mighty Max,

    Thank you for your good thoughts.

    He is about the same as he was when he was at the vets yesterday afternoon. He has a lot of eye and head movement and hops in a circular pattern and wobbles. He is minimizing his movements; yet he did manage to wash his face after I fed him his critical care earlier today.

    Last night he fell over and, before my spouse could help Gemini to right himself, he ripped off one of his toenails-likely on one of the towels I gave Gemini as a cushion. By the time I saw the blood dots on his towel/newspapers they were dry. Gemini only let me look at his foot long enough to determine he lost a toenail and it was not bleeding anymore. His nails were trimmed recently so I did not expect this to happen when he already was so ill.



    Gemini got his third dose (every 12 hours) of the abx and I am hoping that something will improve, especially the eye and head movement, overnight.

  10. #10
    Wise Old Thumper Jack's-Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    133,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    Zoobec, Omi, Cuthbert, and Mighty Max,

    Thank you for your good thoughts.

    He is about the same as he was when he was at the vets yesterday afternoon. He has a lot of eye and head movement and hops in a circular pattern and wobbles. He is minimizing his movements; yet he did manage to wash his face after I fed him his critical care earlier today.

    Last night he fell over and, before my spouse could help Gemini to right himself, he ripped off one of his toenails-likely on one of the towels I gave Gemini as a cushion. By the time I saw the blood dots on his towel/newspapers they were dry. Gemini only let me look at his foot long enough to determine he lost a toenail and it was not bleeding anymore. His nails were trimmed recently so I did not expect this to happen when he already was so ill.



    Gemini got his third dose (every 12 hours) of the abx and I am hoping that something will improve, especially the eye and head movement, overnight.
    Are you still giving him regular Meloxicam T ? Reducing inflammation within the CNS can help reduce clinical symptoms. Also, as you will see in the links in my previous post, sometimes giving a medication such as cyclizine, meclizine or procloperazine can help reduce the dizziness

    http://wildpro.twycrosszoo.org/S/00C.../Cyclizine.htm

    http://wildpro.twycrosszoo.org/S/00C.../Meclizine.htm

    http://wildpro.twycrosszoo.org/S/00C.../Meclizine.htm

    Sending lots more vibes for the poor little chap xx



    A Rabbit Savvy small animal Veterinary Surgery in Twickenham, SW London
    https://www.twickenhamvets.com/

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •