Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: I think my bun is incontinent

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Whilst a spay is more invasive than a straightforward castration it is not nearly as risky these days as it may once have been .GA protocols have evolved and become much safer. A 'Rabbit Savvy Vet' would spay hundreds, if not thousands of Does over the years and losses under GA are actually relatively rare.

    Whilst spaying a Doe is entirely a personal decision for the owner, it is something I would always advise. I have seen first hand the effects of Uterine Adenocarcinoma in Does and it is not a nice experience.

    The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund have a lot of good information and advice on their website, including facts about neutering and also how to know if you have a 'Rabbit Savvy' Vet. I'd take a look around the site and maybe have another think about getting your Does spayed

    https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/
    Oh I'll definitely get the spayed. But with it being about £140 per bun. Ill have to do it over a couple of months. Mia does have some behavioral issues so I will definitely be getting her done first.



    Sent from my P2 using Tapatalk

  2. #12
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    39,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emmj1011 View Post
    Oh I'll definitely get the spayed. But with it being about £140 per bun. Ill have to do it over a couple of months. Mia does have some behavioral issues so I will definitely be getting her done first.



    Sent from my P2 using Tapatalk

    That's quite expensive. You can always shop around rabbit savvy vets. I paid about £80 for my last female spay ... And that's at a top class vet
    Up to date and comprehensive info on RHD2:
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...16-Sept/page14
    An extensive guide to all things RHD2 - Please Vaccinate!

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    That's quite expensive. You can always shop around rabbit savvy vets. I paid about £80 for my last female spay ... And that's at a top class vet
    Hmm, right OK. We are surrounded by vets where I live so maybe I'll shop around.

    That was a quote from my local vet. But they don't see many buns. So I probably wouldn't take them their anyway.



    Sent from my P2 using Tapatalk

  4. #14
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    39,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emmj1011 View Post
    Hmm, right OK. We are surrounded by vets where I live so maybe I'll shop around.

    That was a quote from my local vet. But they don't see many buns. So I probably wouldn't take them their anyway.



    Sent from my P2 using Tapatalk

    Yes you really need a trusted vet.


    If you want to find a good vet in your area then you can start another thread in Rabbit Chat with the header:


    Rabbit Savvy Vet needed in (your location)

    ...and members will help you out with their recommendations.

    Alternatively you could look here:

    https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/vet...ecommendations


    http://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-ca...ndly-vet-list/
    Up to date and comprehensive info on RHD2:
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...16-Sept/page14
    An extensive guide to all things RHD2 - Please Vaccinate!

  5. #15
    Forum Buddy nessar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,978

    Default

    It looks like you’ll have to get them both spayed, or I doubt they’ll get on well long-term as they’ve already fought. Not sure if you mean one is 5 months or 5 years, but if 5 years then you need to get it done asap.

    In the meantime, I would recommend moving the one that keeps peeing everywhere to another room, away from the other. Put the litter tray where she wees most, get a couple if need be, and wipe up any wee not in the trays with white vinegar, at least twice a day. Pick up stray poops as well. Keep hay just in the trays, and make sure trays are large enough to be comfy in (not corner trays). If she was just marking her territory, then after a couple of weeks she should start peeing in one or two main areas rather than everywhere.

    I’d still think about taking her to a vet though if you think she is actually incontinent. Could be an infection that needs treating.

  6. #16

    Default

    No 5 months.
    I would never leave it that long (5 yes). Only reason I'm being hesitant is because I got made redundant.
    I have moved her for now. As soon as I can spend £200 on getting them both done I will. But I feel Mia is the priority as she is the one with behavioral issues.
    She had a check up today and not incontinent. Think I was just scared she was really injured (further) after the fight.
    But otherwise she is a happy healthy bun.
    Thank you everyone for your advice.

    Sent from my P2 using Tapatalk

  7. #17
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    39,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emmj1011 View Post
    No 5 months.
    I would never leave it that long (5 yes). Only reason I'm being hesitant is because I got made redundant.
    I have moved her for now. As soon as I can spend £200 on getting them both done I will. But I feel Mia is the priority as she is the one with behavioral issues.
    She had a check up today and not incontinent. Think I was just scared she was really injured (further) after the fight.
    But otherwise she is a happy healthy bun.
    Thank you everyone for your advice.

    Sent from my P2 using Tapatalk

    You're welcome

    Glad all is well
    Up to date and comprehensive info on RHD2:
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...16-Sept/page14
    An extensive guide to all things RHD2 - Please Vaccinate!

  8. #18
    Wise Old Thumper Jack's-Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    135,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emmj1011 View Post
    No 5 months.
    I would never leave it that long (5 yes). Only reason I'm being hesitant is because I got made redundant.
    I have moved her for now. As soon as I can spend £200 on getting them both done I will. But I feel Mia is the priority as she is the one with behavioral issues.
    She had a check up today and not incontinent. Think I was just scared she was really injured (further) after the fight.
    But otherwise she is a happy healthy bun.
    Thank you everyone for your advice.

    Sent from my P2 using Tapatalk
    I hope all goes well for your girls from now on. I am very sorry to read of your recent redundancy, I hope that you will be able to find alternative employment soon xx



    Myxomatosis , RHD1 & RHD2 - Vaccinations are ESSENTIAL to protect your Rabbit(s)

    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...rum-Moderator)


    Rabbit Welfare Association & Fund (RWAF)~ Britains Biggest and Best Organisation for Everyone who Loves Rabbits

    https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

    RWAF Fundraising Auction 2018~ Watch this space for details !

  9. #19
    Forum Buddy nessar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emmj1011 View Post
    No 5 months.
    I would never leave it that long (5 yes). Only reason I'm being hesitant is because I got made redundant.
    I have moved her for now. As soon as I can spend £200 on getting them both done I will. But I feel Mia is the priority as she is the one with behavioral issues.
    She had a check up today and not incontinent. Think I was just scared she was really injured (further) after the fight.
    But otherwise she is a happy healthy bun.
    Thank you everyone for your advice.

    Sent from my P2 using Tapatalk
    Glad to hear she is healthy, it must be a weight off your mind! I would guess that it is territorial marking then, so I guess you either have the option of keeping them side-by-side so they have some sort of company and putting up with the weeing everywhere, or taking one to another room to prevent them being so territorial.

    They’re both young so, whilst they can’t be together till they’re spayed, at least you have lots of time to get them done. A lot of vets prefer to neuter after 6 months anyway, and you could use the time to find a vet that is more confident doing the procedure.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •