• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is the breed lion head a round head flat face rabbit or triangular head rabbit?

Today, the vet gives Fudgie a free exam, I find out he's still 40% Lop. I hope he doesn't have dental issue when he gets older, like the story on Washington post

Today, the vet gives Fudgie a free exam, I find out he's still 40% Lop. I hope he doesn't have dental issue when he gets older, like the story on Washington post

A diet based on 80%-90% hay will go a long way to help keep his teeth in trim.

All my healthy adult Rabbits have a pellet free diet. Whilst it is not suitable for every Rabbit it is certainly what I always aim to do when appropriate. This diet sheet provides some useful information

https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/ar...heets/recommended-diet-for-adult-rabbits/view

but I'm not concerned about the trim of the teeth, rather, the mis alignment of the teeth due to flat head rabbit, as per page 1 of the Washington Post article, a study based on UK rabbits

but I'm not concerned about the trim of the teeth, rather, the mis alignment of the teeth due to flat head rabbit, as per page 1 of the Washington Post article, a study based on UK rabbits

Yes, I know, but even in Rabbits with congenital malocclusion a mainly hay based died will always help. Look at it as a damage limitation exercise.

oh wow, that's good to know, thanks. He is eating hay when there is no pellet left. So he's still a bad pellow (brand Martin) junkie. A side effect caused by SPCA. I'm converting him to hay mostly and he does eat them when there is nothing else to eat

Back