• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding 2 pairs of bonded rabbits

jayne2710

Young Bun
Hi there
I have a pair of neutered, bonded rabbits, male and female and I adopted another male/female bonded pair at the weekend. The 2 bonded pairs are currently living separate. The male i adopted is neutered but the not the female, which will be my first job to get done.
First question, how soon after neutering the female could I start to bond the 2 bonded pairs?
Second question, can I put the female straight back in with the male once she has been neutered- as I don’t want to break the bond they have?
Third question, in terms of bonding do you have to do anything different when bonding 2 bonded pairs?
Any advice as always greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much :)

Q. No. 3. Bonding 4 rabbits is the same as bonding 2 ie in a neutral area.

Q. no. 2. You can put the female straight back with the male as long as he accepts her (she may smell differently from being at the Vets) and as long as he doesn't chase her etc. It will enhance her recovery to have rabbit company.

Q. No. 1. It is best to give her a reasonable time, say 6 - 8 weeks.

I hope it works out for you. :thumb:

Hi there
I have a pair of neutered, bonded rabbits, male and female and I adopted another male/female bonded pair at the weekend. The 2 bonded pairs are currently living separate. The male i adopted is neutered but the not the female, which will be my first job to get done.
First question, how soon after neutering the female could I start to bond the 2 bonded pairs?
Second question, can I put the female straight back in with the male once she has been neutered- as I don’t want to break the bond they have?
Third question, in terms of bonding do you have to do anything different when bonding 2 bonded pairs?
Any advice as always greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much :)

Hi Jayne

Careful when you put the doe back with the male. If he chases or humps then you may need to separate (and keep within sight of each other) for a few days as you don't want the wound to open up or her to leap around and get a hernia.

Bonding a group ....

http://www.rabbitresidence.org.uk/bonding-groups.html

http://rabbit.org/introducing-rabbits-in-a-group-situation/

Also, Mairwen Guard has put some brilliant bonding videos on YouTube which are well worth watching - do search for them as there are quite a few.

Good luck xx

Back