• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeling really sad for bunnies

So a bit of good news. Our email to the RWAF got a quick response.

They have forwarded it onto their welfare officer and they are now beginning contact with the RSPCA about it, but want links and screen shots as proof. So my OH is on it now.

But that’s a strong start at least. I hope something good comes out of this and the bunnies didn’t die in vein.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So upsetting glad that RSPCA has taken it seriously - I cant cope with things like this and do not know why people think it is acceptable to post.

So upsetting glad that RSPCA has taken it seriously - I cant cope with things like this and do not know why people think it is acceptable to post.

He’s clearly (and I’m not normally one to judge) a psychopath because there is no remorse. He has another account and is pretending that he’s horrified a friend has posted his videos and actually what he was doing was for meat purposes. I’m sorry buddy but that’s not just for meat and why film it? It can’t be “a mate” posted it if he was doing live ‘shows’.
But like you say I’m glad the RSPCA have taken an interest after we told the RWAF as I know the RSPCA can get a bad rep. I hope this is the start of being closer to a bunny and animal in general, cruelty free world......

One can dream.

I don't have Facebook or instagram for these exact reasons, I find the animal cruelty too much to handle and feel helpless. My mum is a always sharing awareness and exposing cruelty on Facebook and getting in rows about animals. I just think social media is so negative these days.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I don't have Facebook or instagram for these exact reasons, I find the animal cruelty too much to handle and feel helpless. My mum is a always sharing awareness and exposing cruelty on Facebook and getting in rows about animals. I just think social media is so negative these days.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I find the internet and social media so 50/50! On one hand the knowledge we can now share, keep in touch, learning about culture, making awareness of issues so things can be changed....are all fantastic achievements.
But then there’s the fact you can do the same but for evil, people are exposed to things that normally would be behind closed doors and private, or other sick people get “ideas” from like minded sickos.

Sometimes I do wonder if the internet age has done more harm than good.

So a bit of good news. Our email to the RWAF got a quick response.

They have forwarded it onto their welfare officer and they are now beginning contact with the RSPCA about it, but want links and screen shots as proof. So my OH is on it now.

But that’s a strong start at least. I hope something good comes out of this and the bunnies didn’t die in vein.

That's a fantastic start!

I think every move to obliterate animal cruelty, however small, is a wonderful step in the right direction :thumb:

Well done to you, and especially to your OH!! :D

On the plus side, without social media this lunatic wouldn't be stopped because no one would've known about it to report him to the police.

Since the RSPCA has taken an interest does that mean he's in the UK - I thought he was in the US? Or are the RSPCA just contacting the proper authorities to make sure it's dealt with?

That's a fantastic start!

I think every move to obliterate animal cruelty, however small, is a wonderful step in the right direction :thumb:

Well done to you, and especially to your OH!! :D

Aww thank you that’s really nice of you to say. We hope some good will come out of this in the end, just wish there was more we could do.

Aww I’ll tell him you said that, that will make him smile!

On the plus side, without social media this lunatic wouldn't be stopped because no one would've known about it to report him to the police.

Since the RSPCA has taken an interest does that mean he's in the UK - I thought he was in the US? Or are the RSPCA just contacting the proper authorities to make sure it's dealt with?

Yes that’s very true too, I just hope there’s not 100’s more sickos doing things like it with other animals too.

Well our contact to the RWAF and them contacting the RSPCA is more to review the incident and then hopefully create a movement to stop this kind of thing being allowed on social media, changing instagram’s rules to not accept animal abuse and make it easier to report animal abuse on Facebook. As you say the offender is not in this country and the last I heard the relevant police and animal cruelty team were trying to find him, but that’s all up to them now. We don’t know if he was caught or anything because the post in the bunny group was deleted so sadly I have no updates there. I hope they get him!!

You probably know all this already, but I found this written by the RWAF .....

We are aware of the outcry on Instagram surrounding a male in the USA who has killed 5 rabbits. Our Welfare Officer Mark Dron has started an investigation in to this and has found that this individual is hiding behind multiple accounts; although Instagram do seem to be closing his accounts. Unfortunately as fast as they close them a new permutation of the user name appears.
The images are horrendous and do need to be dealt with. We are not going to share them. Mark has collated the evidence he has found and has passed it to the relevant authorities in the UK, who we hope will liase with their counterparts in the USA.
We wanted to let supporters know that although this is in the USA we have done what we can here, but also to let you know about a petition that
might be worth signing and sharing. Link to petition below so that preview does not appear because the images are very distressing.

Also this petition:

https://www.change.org/p/demand-for...e_ask_victory.control&utm_term=share_petition

I’ve been avoiding this thread - I had seen the RWAF post MM linked to several days ago and had a feeling that’s what this was about. I just wanted to say well done Truffpuff and Mr Truffpuff for having the guts to tackle this head on.

I think those who wish to be cruel to animals are unwittingly aided by those of us who love animals and can’t bear to read/look at/face up to what goes on. I include the meat industry in this as well. I know I avoid, I just can’t bear a lot of it. Wish I was stronger like you and your partner 8)

Back