• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Maple

loobers25

Warren Veteran
Hi every bun,

Just wondering what your thoughts where on maples past. She was found and handed in to the rescue as a stray with no microchip.

She's very soppy in nature. Constantly wants a head rub. I have massaged her until the point where she has rolled on her back, feet in the air and her eyes gone white sleeping. It frightened the life out of me, major dob.

When I'm around she will nestle down up to me with her head on the floor asking for rubs.

This is what she did when she first met Toby and then kept doing it although he ignored her!

Do you think she's had a bonded partner or she's been a house bunny with a family? How was she even out in the streets for two days? Is there anyway to tell if she's had a litter or been spayed?

9bfc0aaab7668646299c498123360a6b.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

She is a very pretty girl :love:

I think it's difficult to try to guess what her background was by judging her present character. Sometimes this will be possible, for instance if a rabbit has been abused by people, he might become withdrawn and scared of all humans. Regarding Maple though, she could just naturally be calm and trusting. Alternatively she might have escaped from a family who doted on her. I don't think it's easy to determine.

I don't think you'd be able to tell if she were spayed without an ultrasound or scan, unless the neutering was done recently, in which case the scar would be evident.

I have often wondered about rabbits I've taken on with no past history, asking myself why does he/she do this or that. I am trying to find out if Pepper has been spayed, the previous owner's Mother knows the first owners and said she would ask them, but to date I have heard nothing. I rather take this to mean she isn't, but not sure. Every rabbit we take on is a bit of a risk, I suppose we have to just live one day at a time and care for them as best as we can. I know you definitely do this, so we really can't do any more. We have to try to enjoy them as well, otherwise it becomes just a source of worry all the time. :roll:

Hmm I was just wondering because I never had a bunny that wants cuddles. I usually let my bunnies do their own thing and I never handle them. I'll give Toby a kiss on the head but that's about it. Maple wants loves all the time. I hope a family isn't missing her :(

Maple sounds very similar in personality to Boo - extreme DBF's & unbelievably affectionate - she was a stray too.

A previous bun I had Noodle was also ridiculously affectionate :love: but it definitely can't be based on her early experiences of people as she was physically abused prior to rescue.

Enjoy Maple - it's really special having a bunny like her.

Maple sounds very similar in personality to Boo - extreme DBF's & unbelievably affectionate - she was a stray too.

A previous bun I had Noodle was also ridiculously affectionate :love: but it definitely can't be based on her early experiences of people as she was physically abused prior to rescue.

Enjoy Maple - it's really special having a bunny like her.
Yes boo came to my mind with the DBFs, exactly the same flops. That's interesting she was a stray too

Back