• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snow bathing crow!

Zoobec

Staff member
This morning I looked out of the window to see a huge black bird - I think it’s a crow :? head down and belly sliding in the snow, sometimes doing it’s side and wings too! It looked very comical :love: and carried on with it for ages, there’s it’s foot prints and skidding marks all over the lawn :lol: I’ve never seen anything like it!

How lovely - at least someone is enjoying the snow!

“My” birds are all very active - and noisy - round the feeders, they are getting through a fair bit, will have to re stock soon.

That's so sweet :D we've had a lot of birds on the feeders more than normal, I started putting extra down in an old dog bowl near the feeders but on the floor so the fat wood pigeons wouldn't have to try balancing on the feeder perches which are a little small [emoji38] been filling the bowl up twice a day as there's just so many birds eating here now

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I have a pair of "pet" carrion crows that always turn up every morning for monkey nuts,they sit on the wheelie bins and look in the kitchen window.They were on the roof opposite the other day snow bathing,diving into it and flapping their wings.They even climbed to the top and rolled down the roof over and over.Having fun as well as feather cleaning.I've been topping up all ny bird feeders.I use old foil dishes and melt lard into them,put them out for blackbirds',robins,dunnocks,that prefer ground feeding,also mushy dog food.

Meant to add,I half apples and put them out too,blackbirds and thrushes love them.

The large flocks of Fieldfares and Redwings, which spend their Winter in the UK, congregate in orchards so that they can feed on the fruit, which has been left on the ground :love:

Back