• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lord Herbert-U/D 1st August

Topping up the vibes. Hoping that the fact that the seizures appear to have stopped means that his brain is starting to normalise again. Poor gentle boy :(

The poor fella has just managed to jump into his pot, so I am hoping this is a good sign. He has eaten some hay. His poos have gone huge and very oval again, but that always seems to happen post seizure.

The poor fella has just managed to jump into his pot, so I am hoping this is a good sign. He has eaten some hay. His poos have gone huge and very oval again, but that always seems to happen post seizure.
Hoping these are signs he is recovering xx

Sending you lots of get well vibes for Lord H. Hoping he makes a swift recovery. Get well soon Lord H xx

Sending tons of vibes for Lord Herbert.:love:

I sincerely hope that having jumped into his pot he is feeling better.

Lord H is more 'with it' now. We will now be considering starting him on different longterm meds to try to better manage his condition. I guess I have always known that Lord H is unlikely to live to be an 'old' Rabbit, at one stage we did not think he'd make it to his first Birthday. But it's still hard to think that he cant be 'cured' :cry:

Thanks again all of you who care about him and who have taken the time to post on here xx

I'm so pleased to read that he's improved :) Trying to find a drug to better manage his condition seems a very sensible way forward, although probably not that simple. It seems that it's possible to manage seizures quite effectively in humans, so it would appear to be equally possible to do the same for animals. I guess it's the same old problem that there hasn't been sufficient research done for rabbits. Hopefully, your lovely vet will be able to get some expert opinions on the subject.

Lord H is more 'with it' now. We will now be considering starting him on different longterm meds to try to better manage his condition. I guess I have always known that Lord H is unlikely to live to be an 'old' Rabbit, at one stage we did not think he'd make it to his first Birthday. But it's still hard to think that he cant be 'cured' :cry:

Thanks again all of you who care about him and who have taken the time to post on here xx

Pleased to hear Lord H has hopefully made it through the worst of this episode, I hope you have some luck with a different medication.

I can only empathise with you, it must be very difficult to come to terms with. x

Not being able to 'fix' a loved one is an incredibly hard thing to deal with. Pleased to her that Lord H is feeling a bit better and I hope that the possible new meds helps x

Glad to hear that Lord H has stabalized. He clearly is one very determined strong willed rabbit benefiting from all the love and care and support from you. I do hope that you can find some new medication that can help Lord H. Sometimes when things look impossible, miracles suddenly happen and there may be something out there that you or your vet can work with. Loads of get well vibes to top things off for Lord H. xx

Back