• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to encourage bolder behaviour

Truffpuff

Mama Doe
Me again......your probably getting fed up of all my posts by now haha!!

I just wondered if anyone had any tips or advice on how to encourage our buns to be more relaxed in other areas. Basically when Truffle was an only bun he lived in his hutch in the living room, but we moved it during bonding to the kitchen so when introduced back as a bonded pair it would be new territory (and easier to clean on hard floor).

However they just spend pretty much 97% of the day snuggled under the kitchen table (it’s colder in there two!), only emerging to eat near their hutch or for about a 5 min period they investigate the front room and mostly the side where the kitchen can be seen. Then 10pm which is bedtime they come and binky in the front room and play with the cats.

Obviously it’s ok if they want to be in the kitchen, but if there’s just some encouragement needed it would be nice to see them. Truffle used to lay in the living room, lay on the fire place, sit in the window cil and it’s a bit sad I don’t see them. They won’t let us stroke them in here either which is why I think it’s nerves.

There’s bunny toys in here and I made a bunny warren tunnel out of a box I got a delivery in etc and have a card castle to erect as Truffle loved his old one. I tried a treat ball too to encourage them more. But Luther especially finds trusting anything or us in the living room..... (please excuse the mess in pictures! And don’t tell my OH I used him in a pic hahaha!)

7b0494e24cb1f5b4c70b96088a4e439f.jpg

ce2802f083b5858c27f0a7cc5d83b579.jpg

5d7cbd9ccab09ecde28a48718d9fb1b7.jpg

4d5c05d8cc4118d3638515b0b384be8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buns will be buns! We have 5 different outside areas for them to explore, and so they can choose where to sleep as they must all be different temperatures. They spend a lot of time sleeping :lol: We get them to go places with food, there's simply no other way for us. It also means we can provide varied foraging opportunities :)

Buns will be buns! We have 5 different outside areas for them to explore, and so they can choose where to sleep as they must all be different temperatures. They spend a lot of time sleeping :lol: We get them to go places with food, there's simply no other way for us. It also means we can provide varied foraging opportunities :)

Yeah see if that’s what they want to do it’s fine. But I just wish they’d be more comfortable in the living room, I mean Truffle used to be really outgoing now he just kinda frumps lol.
Maybe the treat ball with pellets in or other food might help like you say....just have to keep our cats away haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back