• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Myrtle has a skin lesion

I have just noticed a weird lesion on Myrtles back. I am going to book in ANOTHER vet visit but I was just wondering if anyone knew what it might be?

Its dry and it doesn't appear to be irritating her -- hence why i have only just spotted it.

I am just having so much bad luck at the minute, with Finns Mites as well.

I have checked her fur and no sign of mites that Finn has.

qk4vAAl.jpg

I have just noticed a weird lesion on Myrtles back. I am going to book in ANOTHER vet visit but I was just wondering if anyone knew what it might be?

Its dry and it doesn't appear to be irritating her -- hence why i have only just spotted it.

qk4vAAl.jpg

Has she recently had a vaccination/injection ? It looks like a local reaction to one or the other to me.

She has been spayed very recently so she may have had one from that. She is Mite, Tick and Flea protected also so I don't think its that.

Not sure weather to just keep an eye on it or take her to the vet. She's eating and pooping fine and not trying to scratch it at all.

She has been spayed very recently so she may have had one from that. She is Mite, Tick and Flea protected also so I don't think its that.

Not sure weather to just keep an eye on it or take her to the vet. She's eating and pooping fine and not trying to scratch it at all.

It is probably a local reaction to an injection, especially if it was Baytril/Enrofloxacin

I'd give the Vet a call and tell them about the situation. They will let you know if you need to take her in to be checked over or if you should just keep an eye on it to make sure it is healing :)

qk4vAAl.jpg

Hi there :wave:

Gosh you're not having much luck at the moment, are you?

It's quite unusual to come back from the vets and a lesion to start afterwards like that, but not impossible.

It could be a reaction to an injection and I would be interested to see what the vet thinks. Whereabouts on her back is the lesion?

Its on her back.
I need to arrange a call with my vet and speak to him about Finn anyway and his reaction to the Drop On meds for his Mites. So I will add this in there too!

Nope not having much luck :lol:

Back