• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbit savvy vet South Wales

~ILoveMyBunny~

Alpha Buck
**Please don't quote**
For reasons I've touched on recently I will probably have to delete part of my posts on this thread later.
We've finally found our new home and the offer has been accepted, meaning we can finally get out of here and much of the situation we're going through.
However I'm a little worried about finding a good rabbit-savvy vet in the area? I'll probably have to delete this later but the area is Bettws, Bridgend, South Wales. Does anyone know of a good rabbit savvy vet around there? I've checked the RWAF list and Frances Harcourt-Brown's list but sadly neither have anything for the area.
Thank you so much :)

I would also try sending an email to Alice at Windwhistle Warren. She will probably be aware of the vets in that area.

I hope everything goes well with the move for you and your rabbits :love:

Any posts I've seen on Facebook etc from that area people ten to use Langford at Bristol and Jason Burgess in Gloucester. I know FHB has posted quite a bit asking for recommendations in Wales and there seems to be a bit of a gap in that area.

I'm so sorry all for the late reply. Been a crazy few days.
Thank you all so, so much for the replies. I didn't know it was going to be this hard to find a good vet :( I thought south Wales would be fairly easy. It's rural but not too bad. We've turned down houses already purely becuase we couldn't find a good vet in the area, but unfortunately our time was up. We were 7 days from court for eviction so it was this place or quite literally become homeless. Nothing else had come up in our price range.
It's got me really worried now, especially as not only do we seem to keep having stasis problems but also Pixel needs dentals fairly regularly (not sure how often yet but at least twice a year we think), and last time he had a major anaethetic reaction that took a week to recover from.

Thank you again so much for the replies. Roly Poly and MM, I'm so sorry it's taken so long to reply to your PM's but I'll try to get to them both tonight xx
I'll also try to e-mail Alice, thank you for the suggestion Omi.
This has got me so worried.. In the months we've been looking for a home one of the first things we've always checked has been what vets are around. This has all happened so fast :(

I'm so sorry all for the late reply. Been a crazy few days.
Thank you all so, so much for the replies. I didn't know it was going to be this hard to find a good vet :( I thought south Wales would be fairly easy. It's rural but not too bad. We've turned down houses already purely becuase we couldn't find a good vet in the area, but unfortunately our time was up. We were 7 days from court for eviction so it was this place or quite literally become homeless. Nothing else had come up in our price range.
It's got me really worried now, especially as not only do we seem to keep having stasis problems but also Pixel needs dentals fairly regularly (not sure how often yet but at least twice a year we think), and last time he had a major anaethetic reaction that took a week to recover from.

Thank you again so much for the replies. Roly Poly and MM, I'm so sorry it's taken so long to reply to your PM's but I'll try to get to them both tonight xx
I'll also try to e-mail Alice, thank you for the suggestion Omi.
This has got me so worried.. In the months we've been looking for a home one of the first things we've always checked has been what vets are around. This has all happened so fast :(

You have been on my mind.

How are things? If you can't reply, or don't have time, don't worry.

Sending you love and good vibes for what you are having to do ...... xx

Back