Thread: Rabbit savvy vet South Wales

Default Rabbit savvy vet South Wales

**Please don't quote**
    For reasons I've touched on recently I will probably have to delete part of my posts on this thread later.
    We've finally found our new home and the offer has been accepted, meaning we can finally get out of here and much of the situation we're going through.
    However I'm a little worried about finding a good rabbit-savvy vet in the area? I'll probably have to delete this later but the area is Bettws, Bridgend, South Wales. Does anyone know of a good rabbit savvy vet around there? I've checked the RWAF list and Frances Harcourt-Brown's list but sadly neither have anything for the area.
    Thank you so much

I wont go into details, but try PMing Roly Poly, she may be able to help

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/pr...=newpm&u=15675

Wise Old Thumper

I would also try sending an email to Alice at Windwhistle Warren. She will probably be aware of the vets in that area.

I hope everything goes well with the move for you and your rabbits
    "The mind tells me this is our new reality, the heart aches for it to be just a bad dream" Frans Timmermans

Any posts I've seen on Facebook etc from that area people ten to use Langford at Bristol and Jason Burgess in Gloucester. I know FHB has posted quite a bit asking for recommendations in Wales and there seems to be a bit of a gap in that area.
    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

I will PM you. Hope you're OK?
    Please vaccinate your rabbits for RHD2 as well ..
    Two more house rabbit deaths just confirmed

Reliable, up to date advice on RHD2: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...40#post7012340

I've sent you a PM x
    My precious boy, I miss you so much

Rolo - 18th March 2009 to 14th April 2015

Sleep well baby, I love you

I'm so sorry all for the late reply. Been a crazy few days.
    Thank you all so, so much for the replies. I didn't know it was going to be this hard to find a good vet I thought south Wales would be fairly easy. It's rural but not too bad. We've turned down houses already purely becuase we couldn't find a good vet in the area, but unfortunately our time was up. We were 7 days from court for eviction so it was this place or quite literally become homeless. Nothing else had come up in our price range.
    It's got me really worried now, especially as not only do we seem to keep having stasis problems but also Pixel needs dentals fairly regularly (not sure how often yet but at least twice a year we think), and last time he had a major anaethetic reaction that took a week to recover from.

Thank you again so much for the replies. Roly Poly and MM, I'm so sorry it's taken so long to reply to your PM's but I'll try to get to them both tonight xx
    I'll also try to e-mail Alice, thank you for the suggestion Omi.
    This has got me so worried.. In the months we've been looking for a home one of the first things we've always checked has been what vets are around. This has all happened so fast

Quote Originally Posted by ~ILoveMyBunny~ View Post
    I'm so sorry all for the late reply. Been a crazy few days.
    Thank you all so, so much for the replies. I didn't know it was going to be this hard to find a good vet I thought south Wales would be fairly easy. It's rural but not too bad. We've turned down houses already purely becuase we couldn't find a good vet in the area, but unfortunately our time was up. We were 7 days from court for eviction so it was this place or quite literally become homeless. Nothing else had come up in our price range.
    It's got me really worried now, especially as not only do we seem to keep having stasis problems but also Pixel needs dentals fairly regularly (not sure how often yet but at least twice a year we think), and last time he had a major anaethetic reaction that took a week to recover from.

Thank you again so much for the replies. Roly Poly and MM, I'm so sorry it's taken so long to reply to your PM's but I'll try to get to them both tonight xx
    I'll also try to e-mail Alice, thank you for the suggestion Omi.
    This has got me so worried.. In the months we've been looking for a home one of the first things we've always checked has been what vets are around. This has all happened so fast

You have been on my mind.

How are things? If you can't reply, or don't have time, don't worry.

Sending you love and good vibes for what you are having to do ...... xx
    Please vaccinate your rabbits for RHD2 as well ..
    Two more house rabbit deaths just confirmed

Reliable, up to date advice on RHD2: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...40#post7012340