• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding update and pictures

joemorris86

Young Bun
Thanks to everyone who gave me advice in my last thread.

We introduced them face to face on Thursday. All went very well.

We have since been giving them an hour together in the morning and an hour in the evening. Our boy appears to be the alpha as when he puts his head down she comes running to groom him. He occasionally grooms her back. We haven't seen any mounting or fighting, touch wood.

They are quite happy to eat and sleep together and when they are on their separate sides they lay next to each other through the hutches.

I was wondering if it would be okay to put them together in their real home now? Or is this still too soon? I just didn't like the thought that separating them when they seem so happy might be upsetting them.

IMG_6410.JPG

IMG_6434.JPG

IMG_6436.JPG

Hi. Can you try leaving them for much longer in the area you are using for the bonding and if it continues to go well with no agression just transport them straight to their new area at a time that you can be around to keep an eye/ear out? They look very content together in your photos. It is a leap of faith to finally leave them together and you can only go with gut feeling when it's the right time.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

You won't get 2 more relaxed bunnies than this so yes put them together full-time in their permanent set-up. Hope they have many happy years with you. xx

Back