• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Behaviour Change

BeccaT

Young Bun
I don't know if I am over reacting, but I picked my 2 boys (neutered brothers) up from boarding today as we've been away for a few days. My less dominant rabbit is 'humping' my more dominant rabbit (head or rear) particularly when he is asked to groom him. This is something that my more dominant went through a phase of doing a few weeks ago, just before my less dominant had weepy eyes. The thing is that my more dominant boy is then chasing him off so they're doing this insane chase, mount, chase, etc so seem really unsettled. Do you think this is a by product of being unsettled by the boarding, car journey, etc or is my more dominant sickening for something? Thoughts & feelings?

It is almost certainly a reaction to being in a different location. Hopefully they will settle down in a day or two, maybe keep them in a smaller space for a short time so they can rehabilitate themselves.

Thank you. They were fine after boarding in October, apart from being in a mood with me & peeing on the sofa for a few days! I think it just seems so strange seeing my less dominant boy 'on top' for a change! He is usually so nervous & shy! Hopefully they'll settle down in a couple of days then. They are shut in a puppy pen over night so I'll see how they are tomorrow. The rate they're going they'll both be tired out soon!!!

Back