Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sick bunny -big weight lose-help

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    When my rabbit was poorly (he's only just better) I was at the vet every other day. He was on IV fluids to hydrate the contents of the gut. Does the pain relief not help at all?

Hopefully you can get enough food into her for the time being. Is she passing any poo?
    i think that pain meds help, she is trying some food after, she is also licking walls for some reason. I wil ask vet on monday about IV fluids. Her poop is very small and dry, depending on how much food i can get into her. Is licking walls normal?

THANK YOU!!

MANY LOVES FROM NANA AND ME

I'm sorry your little bunny is so poorly, did the vet xray / scan her bladder? It could be a build up of bladder sludge which can be seen on xray and sludge can cause urine spotting If your little bunny is peeing every where it could still be a bladder infection. How long was she on the medicine ? It can take up to 4 weeks on medicine to fully cure the infection.
    Last edited by nickybunny1; 24-02-2018 at 11:04 PM.
    Lance 31/7/13. Rosie 6/7/15. Cody 22 August 2016. Oliver 30th July 2017. Will never forget you all my angels.

Quote Originally Posted by nickybunny1 View Post
    I'm sorry your little bunny is so poorly, did the vet xray / scan her bladder? It could be a build up of bladder sludge whoch can be seen on xray and sludge xan cause urine spotting If your little bunny is peeing every where it could still be a bladder infection. How long was she on the medicine ? It can take up to 4 weeks on medicine to fully cure the infection.
    she didnt have xray but i will ask for one. She was on antibiotics for bladder about 5 day and now she was getting meds at vet for 10 days everyday so all together 15 days on antibiotics. She is feeling very bad after i give her antibiotic, but with IV meds its better. I have to ask for xray and blood test on monday and see what happend. i dont even know if here they do xrays on bunnys...

Quote Originally Posted by Dina363 View Post
    i think that pain meds help, she is trying some food after, she is also licking walls for some reason. I wil ask vet on monday about IV fluids. Her poop is very small and dry, depending on how much food i can get into her. Is licking walls normal?

THANK YOU!!

MANY LOVES FROM NANA AND ME

Licking walls can be a sign of something and nothing. I wouldn't worry about it. You are giving her pain meds and that's what's important at the moment

Loves back to you and Nana x

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Licking walls can be a sign of something and nothing. I wouldn't worry about it. You are giving her pain meds and that's what's important at the moment

Loves back to you and Nana x
    Thank you for all youre help

it's been 5 days since her teeth trimming and she is still doesnt eat good bye her self. I still have too force feed her every 3h she is trying too eat little hay and paletts but not enough her poops are also still small i called her vet and we are going for a check up tomorow how long can this take? Thank you for help!

hello, I remember Nana. I don't have any experience with urinary tract problems in bunnies & it does seem that is worth investigating. Even though Nana had her dental to even her teeth out, some bunnies find eating hay too painful if they have elongated tooth roots. These would show on skull xrays. In cases like this it can help to cut up things small, try grated veg, maybe a little pear. Will she eat moistened pellets from a bowl? My bunnies do but only if flavoured with fenugreek powder which might be worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    hello, I remember Nana. I don't have any experience with urinary tract problems in bunnies & it does seem that is worth investigating. Even though Nana had her dental to even her teeth out, some bunnies find eating hay too painful if they have elongated tooth roots. These would show on skull xrays. In cases like this it can help to cut up things small, try grated veg, maybe a little pear. Will she eat moistened pellets from a bowl? My bunnies do but only if flavoured with fenugreek powder which might be worth a try.
    im taking her to the vet and i will ask for xray. i'm loosing my mind on her eating. She hates wet food and force feeding. I give her 2 types of peletts, 3types of hay and veggies to eat. She takes small portion and thats it. I'm worried because i have to go back to work and wont be able to feed her every 3h

im taking her to the vet and i will ask for xray. i'm loosing my mind on her eating. She hates wet food and force feeding. I give her 2 types of peletts, 3types of hay and veggies to eat. She takes small portion and thats it. I'm worried because i have to go back to work and wont be able to feed her every 3h
    I literally have to lock her in her cage so she goes in her toilet and eat hay or at least try. If i let her in my room she goes in her corner and sleep. But now she is in her cage for 40min and she did drink water and is eating hay on her own a little. also today i fed her a bit more then usually (15ml of food + water + metaclopramide 0,1ml and i give her 50min massage and cuddles). She had it all in 2 months, blood in Urine, bad GI and her teeth trimmed. My poor girl

Thank you for all youre help

You're most welcome