• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Biting bars

Alicia

Mama Doe
Does this mean Angus is bored? He’s let out all the time we’re here to watch him and eventually he will be allowed out all the time it’s just because he’s a chewer I have to make sure everything’s safe for him.

Does this mean Angus is bored? He’s let out all the time we’re here to watch him and eventually he will be allowed out all the time it’s just because he’s a chewer I have to make sure everything’s safe for him.
Is he chewing them all the time or when certain things happen?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I think I’ve figured it out. It was only in one spot where he was biting the bars and the other side of his bars tucked in the corner is a roll of wrapping paper which he’d dragged nearer to the cage and chewed. I think that’s what he’s been doing all along :lol: I’ll keep an eye on him!

Our cage is in the living room, one side opens up in to the garden and the other in to the living room. They have full access to the garden and downstairs in our house, plenty to eat and lots of toys. They still chew on the bars when the cage is open so I don't feel guilty anymore :roll: I've noticed that they tend to chew at the corners rather than the doors at the front so I think they're just trying to extend their space like when they dig up the garden

Back