• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Panicked bunny mummy!! Ear bite

I too did it slowly. We even got to the point where when we were upstairs they got the whole upstairs floor and would happily follow one after the other everywhere, into the bathroom, into the spare room, do a few binkys, into our bedroom run around like loonies and then all flop in a pile in their room. They've been like that for a good few weeks now with not even a minor scuffle so I really don't understand where the fight even came from. They are all inseparable when free roaming each being a bit more daring on where to Venture and then the others copying. Bailey is happy to be out and leave the boys to it but on their own the boys are shy but when together they get confidence from each other and are so cheeky! Didn't do anything different and nothing new to fight over. Just very strange. They are sat in their house bailey cleaning Oreo whilst Oreo cleans Milo. Oreo definitely isn't holding a grudge!

How strange! Well you’ve done everything I would have to be honest. It might just be one of those annoying times where it’s just “one of those things” and you’ll never know what it was only the will.

Hopefully it won’t happen again, but in the long run it sounds like they are doing great and do like each other :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too did it slowly. We even got to the point where when we were upstairs they got the whole upstairs floor and would happily follow one after the other everywhere, into the bathroom, into the spare room, do a few binkys, into our bedroom run around like loonies and then all flop in a pile in their room. They've been like that for a good few weeks now with not even a minor scuffle so I really don't understand where the fight even came from. They are all inseparable when free roaming each being a bit more daring on where to Venture and then the others copying. Bailey is happy to be out and leave the boys to it but on their own the boys are shy but when together they get confidence from each other and are so cheeky! Didn't do anything different and nothing new to fight over. Just very strange. They are sat in their house bailey cleaning Oreo whilst Oreo cleans Milo. Oreo definitely isn't holding a grudge!

That's good to hear :)

These bunny dynamics are really weird - I wish we had a handbook :roll:

hello!
why do you think that bonding / rebounding in smaller spaces is better? I would think that a bigger area would be better for them to stay apart and getting closer as the would become more comfortable? I'm having problems with 2 males and last week I tried to join them in one empty house, but they chased and fought. Noe I have them separated in different but in sight cages, and I was planning that when I feel they are more relaxed to try again in a big area, where they can have shelters and join only when comfortable...

hello!
why do you think that bonding / rebounding in smaller spaces is better? I would think that a bigger area would be better for them to stay apart and getting closer as the would become more comfortable? I'm having problems with 2 males and last week I tried to join them in one empty house, but they chased and fought. Noe I have them separated in different but in sight cages, and I was planning that when I feel they are more relaxed to try again in a big area, where they can have shelters and join only when comfortable...

I've always been told smaller is better to start with then you grow the space gradually that's how we've bonded ours

Bunny update: so we have gradually let them have some time out. I white vinegared the room to get rid of all smells and have been letting them out for an hour a night across the whole upstairs. They all seemed happy and hoppy. Have been out for an hour and a half tonight lots of kisses and following so maybe it was just a blip. Still having them supervised and only when I'm within a 3 second distance but it's looking good so far. Fingers crossed!

Bunny update: so we have gradually let them have some time out. I white vinegared the room to get rid of all smells and have been letting them out for an hour a night across the whole upstairs. They all seemed happy and hoppy. Have been out for an hour and a half tonight lots of kisses and following so maybe it was just a blip. Still having them supervised and only when I'm within a 3 second distance but it's looking good so far. Fingers crossed!

Fingers crossed for you! :)

Good luck, I hope they will eventually all remain friends xx

Back