• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Advice

emmaclaire

Warren Scout
I have 2 house rabbits who live in my dinning room .....normally they are under the dinning table but today maisey my 8yr old is right next to the raidiater which is on I just wondered if they get cold when I'll is this something I should be worried about or is she just cold but I didn't think they seeked out heat any advice please x

I have 2 house rabbits who live in my dinning room .....normally they are under the dinning table but today maisey my 8yr old is right next to the raidiater which is on I just wondered if they get cold when I'll is this something I should be worried about or is she just cold but I didn't think they seeked out heat any advice please x

An ill Rabbit may struggle to maintain their body temperature, but seeking out a warm spot next to a radiator does not necessarily mean your Rabbit is ill. Is she eating, pooing, drinking and weeing as normal ? Any other unusual behaviour/symptoms ?

These may be useful to read

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?298713-When-to-Seek-Vet-Attention-for-your-Rabbit

http://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-health/emergencies/

If in any doubt then I'd get your Rabbit checked over by a Rabbit Savvy Vet :)

We have had several rabbits whilst living in our current house. They have all chosen the same place to lie and rest in the evenings in the winter. The central heating pipes run under the floor there and it is constantly warm. I think they are just softie house buns! I hope your buns are OK and just like the warmth.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

We have had several rabbits whilst living in our current house. They have all chosen the same place to lie and rest in the evenings in the winter. The central heating pipes run under the floor there and it is constantly warm. I think they are just softie house buns! I hope your buns are OK and just like the warmth.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

I agree with Julia - rabbits often like the warm places to lie and sleep. It's cosy and comfortable! :)

Is Maisey getting thin at all? Does she seem to feel the cold more these days?

Don't worry too much about it. Rabbits tend to like warm temperatures. Unless she is doing anything out of the ordinary aside from staying near the heater, you should not worry about it.

in the absence of any other concerns I'd not worry either. One of my girls licks the radiator when its off - we like to believe she thinks thats how you turn it on :lol:

I've always had house bunnies & more often than not they relax in the warmer areas of the house. It makes me giggle that outside bunnies seem the exact opposite - members are often on here angst stricken about why their rabbits spend so much time in bad weather out in their runs, ignoring their cosy hutches & playhouses. F

Thanks .......apart from that maisey seems fine....no weight loss or loss of appetite so probably me being paranoid as she is getting older now....once again thanks all xx

Thanks .......apart from that maisey seems fine....no weight loss or loss of appetite so probably me being paranoid as she is getting older now....once again thanks all xx

As she gets older I would keep an eye on her weight. Either buy baby scales and weigh her every couple of weeks, or do it at the vet when you remember.

It's quite normal to be paranoid :D

Back