• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Hatter and Pandora - U/Date 09.03.18

tonibun

Wise Old Thumper
Started at 10 am. There have been a few squirmishes but all is quiet atm. The problem is I have to bond them in Pandora's territory which is not a good idea but I don't really have anywhere else. It's a big 12 x 6 shed and they have had access to the garden for a couple of hours so plenty of space to get away from one another. Hatter is much more confident than Oreo. I don't think I will be able to trust them alone tonight.

Last edited:
Sending vibes that things go better tomorrow. Is Hatter only very recently neutered?

Sending vibes that things go better tomorrow. Is Hatter only very recently neutered?

Yes, I know I'm rushing things a bit but he needs a lot of confidence as I am bonding them in Pandora's territory so I am hoping if he is still hormonal it will help. He hasn't shown any hormonal signs though since I got him but obviously must have some. Pandora was being a bit flighty with him so I thought it best to separate for the night. Hope I am doing the right thing!

It's going very well - it's all quiet out there. Hatter went out in the garden meeting the other bunnies this morning. Pandora is moving out of the way if he approaches, which is how it should be. Hopefully by tomorrow she will be more relaxed when he is near but there has been no proper chasing today. I am not sure whether I will leave them together tonight or wait another day probably wait.

Loved up vibes for Hatter & Pandora. You've had so much experience in bonding bunnies I know they are in very capable hands & you'll be able to read the situation just right.

Thanks. I gave them a piece of Spring Greens just as I was closing down and they were eating close together, so I am trusting they will be ok overnight.

There was no noise overnight, which I take as a very good sign. I am a very light sleeper and sleep close to their shed so any scuffles would have woke me. Hatter is much livelier than Oreo who was content to sit in the litter tray eating hay. I am sure they will be fine together now.

There was no noise overnight, which I take as a very good sign. I am a very light sleeper and sleep close to their shed so any scuffles would have woke me. Hatter is much livelier than Oreo who was content to sit in the litter tray eating hay. I am sure they will be fine together now.

Wonderful news :D

Just thought I would give you an update. Hatter and Pandora are getting on fine. Hatter has calmed down in the last few days as he was slightly hormonal straight after his neuter. He now comes when I call him, he gets a piece of Brocolli or Carrot! I am glad I bonded them a week after his neuter as I was worried Pandora was getting more and more territorial over the shed and this of course would have made it more difficult for her to accept him. There really wasn't anywhere else to bond them except for indoors otherwise I would have waited for another week or two.

Back