• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pip pip and her protest weeing...

Mervinius

Mama Doe
So after I posted about Pips strange peeing habits, which were not in the litter tray, but nearby and only at night. I did a bit of thinking.

She was particularly bad after I'd cleaned their litter tray! So I've started putting some of their smelly litter back in the tray, so it still smells of her.... strange bunny. This has stopped the random weeing in the corner.

However she is still weeing right next to the litter tray at the edge of their pen almost every night. It's not her peeing over the edge and it is only after I put them away when we got to bed.

The blankets are not easy to clean everyday and if I fold them back to leave the lino exposed she just pees further along the pen where the blanket and lino meet.

I am not sure what to do next.

1.Try different flooring that is easier to wipe clean?

2.Put something there for her to pee on that I can fling in the machine everyday (tried this and I removed it to clean it and she peed whilst I popped out earlier)

Any ideas?

I can't leave them out all the time Archie likes chewing the carpet and we are renting so can't change the flooring of the whole room.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Might be worth trying Lino only on the floor apart from the litter tray, a lot of bunnies I have had have all weed on blankets or soft surfaces. Then you can neutralise the places she wees in more easily. The other thing you could try is extra trays or larger trays?

Blossom sometimes does this. Usually she's really good, but occasionally at night she has done a huge wee next to the litter tray.

I know it doesn't solve the problem, as such, but I've recently started using puppy pads (Amazon Basics ones) under and around the litter tray, to catch any accidents and just replace as necessary x

Right madam Pip has scuppered me again.

I tried a huge under bed storage box last night. Which covered the pee patch and where their old litter tray was.

This morning there was a hugeeeee wee right next to the box about 5 inches from where she was peeing before (because she can't get to that patch as it's under the box!

So a bigger box hasn't helped so far. And I know she is definitely not peeing over the edge cos the box is as tall as her ears!

I think Archie will eat puppy pads, but that would be a good idea. The only alternative I can think of is to put a folded piece of fleece down so it a absorbs the pee and then chuck it in the wash.

The buns think their lino is too slippy and don't like it so we have to put fleece down. I got it from The Range. Is there a less slippy version somewhere? At least then I can wipe it clean?.

Hmmm, yeah eating the pads wouldn't be good. I'll see if I can think of anything... x
Thanks. I've given the area a good vinegar tonight to remove any scent.

I have also moved their pen a bit so that it includes an extra foot of the lounge next to where she pees. This area used to be part of their pen, before we moved the lounge around. I wondered if perhaps she was trying to tell me she wanted to get to that bit of her territory.. It's the only thing I could think of.

If this doesn't work. I may go back to the drawing board of changing their flooring so I can wipe up her wee so then it won't matter as much.

Thanks. I've given the area a good vinegar tonight to remove any scent.

I have also moved their pen a bit so that it includes an extra foot of the lounge next to where she pees. This area used to be part of their pen, before we moved the lounge around. I wondered if perhaps she was trying to tell me she wanted to get to that bit of her territory.. It's the only thing I could think of.

If this doesn't work. I may go back to the drawing board of changing their flooring so I can wipe up her wee so then it won't matter as much.

Small update. One night after moving their pen and no wee. Fingers crossed everyone

Back