• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Elsa-U/D 10th July RIP- The Last Post

Yes, what I meant was that if she is pregnant she will kindle by 2 weeks from today. I can usually tell for certain if a Doe definitely is pregnant about 10 days prior to kindling. But I am not daft enough to think I'll get it right again this time ! I really, really hope that she isn't. She has already endured quite enough stress.

I certainly agree :( This must be a case where rescuing those rabbits has definitely saved the life of at least one of them. I don't think her chances of survival would have been high with that wound :(

I certainly agree :( This must be a case where rescuing those rabbits has definitely saved the life of at least one of them. I don't think her chances of survival would have been high with that wound :(

That's what the Vets who have seen her said. She was pretty toxic when they operated so it's amazing she actually pulled through at all.

Wonderful news about Elsa's wound. I really hope she isn't pregnant though - but IF she is at least it is definitely her last litter.

Enjoy your reward for being good at the vets, Elsa. Nom nom nom... :love:

Core Blimey, if there are babies will you keep them ? At least Elsa couldn't get pregnant again, if she is pregnant.

Great her wound is healing very well.

Core Blimey, if there are babies will you keep them ? At least Elsa couldn't get pregnant again, if she is pregnant.

Great her wound is healing very well.

No !! ARC will take them at 8-10 weeks. I am 100% certain that I am not able to keep them, physically I just cannot cope with looking after numerous Rabbits any more. Also, if I kept them all of the Rabbits would have significantly less space and that would not be fair.

I must admit to not looking forward to saying goodbye to any babies that Elsa may have.But I know it will be the right thing to do x

Just catching up on your news Jane.

ARC is one of the many rescues I follow on Facebook and I had read all about these rabbits.

Lucky Elsa to be adopted (Sorry fostered:wave:)by you.

I am pleased her wound is improving and sincerely hope she is not pregnant.

Bless you for giving her a loving home.xxx

Thank you both for asking about Elsa. Her abscess still seems to be healing OK now. C has advised that I leave it alone today -ie no attempt to flush it. It has been pus free for the last 4 days.

No nest building, but some other behaviour that might indicate that nesting may well occur in the next few days XX

Oh goodness, I hope she isn't preparing for babies. Good news that her abscess is starting to heal though x

I’m glad her abscess seems to be healing, I hope she isn’t pregnant but if she is she’s definitely in the best place :thumb:

Hope she isn't x they're so cute when they run around with their little hay/straw moustaches tho [emoji38] Clementine used to do this a lot was very cute she'd come over for strokes but still have a mouthful of straw haha hope it's a false one xx

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Hope she isn't x they're so cute when they run around with their little hay/straw moustaches tho [emoji38] Clementine used to do this a lot was very cute she'd come over for strokes but still have a mouthful of straw haha hope it's a false one xx

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

The amount of plucked fur a nesting Doe can get into her mouth is mind boggling :shock:

Oh dear, Elsa :( Thank goodness her tummy is more stable now though. She also does have a lovely warm and safe maternity environment.

I expect Endeavour is all a bit bemused by the events :)

Oh goodness, it sounds like baby bunnies are definitely on the way. Poor girl, but she's getting the best possible care now x

Back