• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My poor sad boy

hoppetylop

Mama Doe
Hes grieving for his buddy:cry:

How can I help him in the meantime before I can get him rebonded?Hes barely eating (weve been to the vet for gut meds today)Im sitting talking to him as much as possible but hes so down.:cry:Ive not had a bunny grieve like this before:(

Thanks.

Hes grieving for his buddy:cry:

How can I help him in the meantime before I can get him rebonded?Hes barely eating (weve been to the vet for gut meds today)Im sitting talking to him as much as possible but hes so down.:cry:Ive not had a bunny grieve like this before:(

Thanks.

Oh I am so sorry to read this - it's very sad :(

Some people say shifting their living quarters around/enriching it might help, but I've never found this makes any difference to a grieving rabbit.

I've got something I could send to you that might help - if you PM me your address I can put it in the post tomorrow for you xx

I'm so sorry your boy is grieving (& for yours & his loss, I'm sorry I missed that ). Some bunnies take it so hard while others don't seem to notice. I'm thinkin of you both. In my book you're doing all you can, like us you can't make everything better but you can be there. Anything you can do to support him holistically is good I feel, hopefully MM can help xx

Just seen this - and I am very sorry to read of your loss. You seem to be doing all the right positive things - spending time talking to him. Rabbits in my opinion, have emotions the same as we do and different people take to grieving differently. You're watching and monitoring all the signs so he's in good hands but clearly it's a wrench from his world and like some of us, he doesn't know how best to handle it. I would suggest if you can, to get a snuggle toy - cuddly bunny or similar so it's something he can associate with. Use the toy to pretend groom him and at least he would feel as though he's not alone. But I think it's important just to shower as much care and love towards him at this time as you can spare. I think from am emotional point of view, to make him feel as though help is there through you. I do hope he begins to pull round and I hope he also finds a new partner. xx

Back