• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding advice- nervous bunny!

ElsasMummy

Warren Scout
I rescued a 2 year old large-ish lop girl Biscuit to bond with my 18 month old small lionhead boy Melbourne yesterday.

First meeting went well, a pair of softies, wasn’t quite clear who was the more dominant one. Biscuit was very relaxed, flopping out next to Melbourne and grooming his face however Melbourne was very skittish and just could not relax and there were one or two slight chases as Melbourne ran away from Biscuits very gentle advances!

I now have them in two seperate pens in the living room (Melbourne’s territory) and he still seems slightly wary of Biscuit despite her gentle intentions!

I am planning to take them back to the neutral space later today and continue the ‘dating’ process. Any words of advice on how to help Melbourne relax and accept Biscuit? Do you think it’s ok having him penned in his usual free range space in vision of Biscuit? Neither bun seems to be getting wound up, Biscuit is besotted and Melbourne is just v unsure!

He's probably playing safe at the moment, unless he is receiving bad vibes off her. Good luck with the bonding.

Don't worry too much about it. They are probably just cautious with each other. Give it some more time. Hope they get to bond well!

Back