• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Separation Anxiety

Beau Belle

Mama Doe
My poor Teddy gets terrible separation anxiety when OH works night shift, incidentally tonight.

He hasn’t had his dinner (usually gobbles it down at 7pm), hasn’t poo’d since OH left at 6pm and is just miserable...

He’s had some greens and he’s done a big pee.

I have put two of OH’s t-shirts on the floor so he can snuggle into them, but I can tell it’s not the same thing - he knows Daddy is not here.

I mentioned it to the Vet a couple of weeks ago, who said he’s never heard of it in
rabbits.

Teddy is fine when OH works day shifts, but there is something about Daddy not being here over night...

I don’t know how to make it better :(

Poor Teddy he must be really attached to his daddy. My bridge bunny Bun Buns was like that when ever we tried to leave him with anyone while on vacation. He would usually end up in stasis. He was fine with other people but only if I was there or my OH. He would love on our friends if we were around but if we even left the room when someone was there he would bite and actually growl.
I don't have any good advice but the tee shirt sounds like a good idea. Could your OH feed him before he leaves?

Daddy is home and Teddy has had breakfast so we’re back on track until tonight.

I’ll ask OH to feed him, that’s a good idea :)

OH doesn’t go on holiday anymore - we both think that would have a dreadful effect on Ted :(

Teddy is very happy to snuggle with others if one or both of us are home, but the problem is the nightshifts.

Back