• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best Bunny Hoover?

Yesssssss and hoover for your hoover - that's the dream! [emoji38][emoji38]

My Henry had bags, I personally prefer bag less vacuums.

Maybe a tech review website has some reviews on shark models? Might be easier to decide if they're right for you or not compared to user reviews. If you can test one out though I think that's the best way to find out if it's for you :) xx

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Haha I know right!

See I don’t know where I stand on bags or not. My mums has always been a bagged one and emptying it was annoying. But I suppose it’s no different changing a bag or having to go outside to the bin to change/empty.

Yeah I looked on some before but got overwhelmed by the choice because there’s little difference between some lol. Might be good to look again and compare to Henry.
Yeah I think I’ll definitely look at going into some shops like currys, I didn’t know you could actually try them too! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I swear by my Henry - have had him 10 years now and he just keeps on going. He got a new filter this weekend which made him happy :D But he's only used upstairs where the buns live - we have GTech for down stairs which is great for a quick general maintenance hoover - Henry comes down when we do a deep clean.

Wow! 10 years is good going!!
Yeah see I think he sounds good from what you’ve said for bunny mess and getting the job done.

Does he have attachments too?

Oh I've just thought of some more plus points for Henry!

1) I find it glides really easily along the floor so moving it around is pretty effortless.

2) It's the quietest hoover I've had so hopefully won't upset the cats and buns too much

3) The cord is at the top and can be wound gently back when you've finished. I hate the hoovers where you press a button and it whips back into the hoover. I always used to think the plug was going to whack me on the ankles!

Oh I've just thought of some more plus points for Henry!

1) I find it glides really easily along the floor so moving it around is pretty effortless.

2) It's the quietest hoover I've had so hopefully won't upset the cats and buns too much

3) The cord is at the top and can be wound gently back when you've finished. I hate the hoovers where you press a button and it whips back into the hoover. I always used to think the plug was going to whack me on the ankles!

I do love a good glide! I can’t actually use our current one because it’s hard to push, so my OH has to do it on the weekend.

Yeah the vax is pretty loud so the cats and Luther aren’t a fan.....however our lop Truffle loooooves the hoover and gets in the way hahaha! Which with a hard to push one you can imagine navigating round him isn’t easy.

Yep! Been there! My mums one does that and I hoovered when I lived at home and did just that, another time the button didn’t make it go all the way in and I trod on the upward facing plug! Lists just say I’m no domestic goddess hahaha!
Thank you for your help. I really think I need to give Henry a chance and include him in my top 3 to look at :)

I've always wanted a Roomba but I'm not allowed one until the house is relatively tidy, so might get one when I retire :lol: Mum gave me her first-gen Gtech upright which is OK for general application but not great for hay. Our Electrolux hypoallergenic upright is pretty naff at hay as well, although now I've changed the filter it's better. We had my parents' old Vax but it got clogged with plaster dust :oops: I've also got a floor sweeper Mum got me which is rubbish :S

I once had a very in depth discussion about this very thing many years ago with a dear chemist friend of mine. He's very high up in a well known global product manufacturer. Anyway, to cut a long story short, my friends advice at that time, was to avoid Dysons as he had gone through 3 of them and wasn't really a fan of. He suggested a Miele - which are, sadly at the higher end of the price tag. Fortunately some years later I was lucky enough to mick up a Meile from a sale at a well known electrical goods wholesalers who were closing down and it was too much of a bargain to miss. And I must say that the Miele is by far, the best and most powerful sucking machine I've ever owned. It has 5 different settings and would pull the pile off the carpet if needs to. Fur, poo, straw, hay, dust, they all end up in the bag with ease. If you look at hoovers, look at the wattage. The more watts, the better the power and suck, but recently the EU passed legislation cutting the wattage because they didn't want powerful, energy guzzling hoovers because they are not 'green'. If you can find a Miele, I would recomend trying one if you can. You won't be disapointed.

I use this one - http://www.vax.co.uk/vacuum-cleaner...rs/air-stretch-pet-max-upright-vacuum-cleaner . Sucks up poo's, fur and hay very well. Mine also came with a turbo tool, inside is a cylinder with lots of bristles on and the suction from the vacuum makes it spin really fast. I think the vac does a good job of removing fur anyway, but with that tool it really lifts up all the hair on your rug/sofa etc.

spzqmstavpqxh9cfclym.jpg

I also have a little dustbuster that sucks up poops and hay quite well, it's very light and cordless so it's super easy for quick cleanup jobs

I've always wanted a Roomba but I'm not allowed one until the house is relatively tidy, so might get one when I retire :lol: Mum gave me her first-gen Gtech upright which is OK for general application but not great for hay. Our Electrolux hypoallergenic upright is pretty naff at hay as well, although now I've changed the filter it's better. We had my parents' old Vax but it got clogged with plaster dust :oops: I've also got a floor sweeper Mum got me which is rubbish :S

Thanks for this info it’s really useful. Especially as I thought Gtech were supposed to be up there with some of the best, I wasn’t ever sure if the ads were to be believed. I have never heard of electrolux before but I will avoid if I do see any!

Yeah our vax just seems to get clogged with anything really and I end up having to scoop the bunny nuggets up with the nozzle lol!
Omg is that one of those push sweepers? My mum still has one of those in her larder from my great Nan!! <3

I once had a very in depth discussion about this very thing many years ago with a dear chemist friend of mine. He's very high up in a well known global product manufacturer. Anyway, to cut a long story short, my friends advice at that time, was to avoid Dysons as he had gone through 3 of them and wasn't really a fan of. He suggested a Miele - which are, sadly at the higher end of the price tag. Fortunately some years later I was lucky enough to mick up a Meile from a sale at a well known electrical goods wholesalers who were closing down and it was too much of a bargain to miss. And I must say that the Miele is by far, the best and most powerful sucking machine I've ever owned. It has 5 different settings and would pull the pile off the carpet if needs to. Fur, poo, straw, hay, dust, they all end up in the bag with ease. If you look at hoovers, look at the wattage. The more watts, the better the power and suck, but recently the EU passed legislation cutting the wattage because they didn't want powerful, energy guzzling hoovers because they are not 'green'. If you can find a Miele, I would recomend trying one if you can. You won't be disapointed.

Wow thank you for this info this is great!!

You have said some very similar things that my dad also said to me this evening, such as dyson he said like you they aren’t worth it and they are the most seen vacuum at the dump. He swears by Miele because his mum (my Nan) swore by them.

I think, especially after you have had such a good experience with Miele I will add those to my research pile for sure. It will be good to see the forms they come in too, as I worry one of those that drags along the floor might run the bunnies over hahaha! But yours sounds amazing!

That’s really interesting I had no idea the government had changed laws etc! I will have to look carefully into which hoovers I like to see if they have good enough wattage. Any idea what the wattage on your Miele is? So I can try and find something as good.

I use this one - http://www.vax.co.uk/vacuum-cleaner...rs/air-stretch-pet-max-upright-vacuum-cleaner . Sucks up poo's, fur and hay very well. Mine also came with a turbo tool, inside is a cylinder with lots of bristles on and the suction from the vacuum makes it spin really fast. I think the vac does a good job of removing fur anyway, but with that tool it really lifts up all the hair on your rug/sofa etc.

spzqmstavpqxh9cfclym.jpg

I also have a little dustbuster that sucks up poops and hay quite well, it's very light and cordless so it's super easy for quick cleanup jobs

Ooh I love a good turbo tool lol. How do you find the hose on that vax? Because my vax drives mad because it’s so short I pull the whole hoover on me :-/

Yes! I got one of those for the stairs because the vax can’t do stairs. Unfortunately I’m a bad hoover mum and constantly forget to charge it so the stairs have been somewhat neglected. But it’s a pretty nifty mini hoover when used properly lol.

Thank you :)

My Miele is model s8310 and has an unbelievable maximum of 2200 watts. This is also in the category that the EU will be (or have) banned due to the high wattage. I believe (although not 100% certain) that the maximum wattage now allowed by manufacturers is 1600. But my hoover also has a low setting of 300 watts which is a decent comprimise but no good for getting fur and dirt out. I would be tempted to see if there are any decent second hand miele's out there and make a comparison. As I said in my post, my chemist friend is way more knowledgable on these things and on this occasion, he was bang on the money for me, but I was lucky to find the miele in a clearance. I have had a dyson and they are ok, but it was a poor comparison to the miele. Good luck and do let us know how you get on.

I have a Miele compact cat & dog, it’s great though I think they are expensive. I managed to pick one up in Tesco for a bargainous £55 as they were selling them off. If I hadn’t of found the Miele at that price, I would have got a Henry.

My Miele is model s8310 and has an unbelievable maximum of 2200 watts. This is also in the category that the EU will be (or have) banned due to the high wattage. I believe (although not 100% certain) that the maximum wattage now allowed by manufacturers is 1600. But my hoover also has a low setting of 300 watts which is a decent comprimise but no good for getting fur and dirt out. I would be tempted to see if there are any decent second hand miele's out there and make a comparison. As I said in my post, my chemist friend is way more knowledgable on these things and on this occasion, he was bang on the money for me, but I was lucky to find the miele in a clearance. I have had a dyson and they are ok, but it was a poor comparison to the miele. Good luck and do let us know how you get on.

Woah that’s some wattage! Well at least I know what the upper wattage is that I should aim for to do the best job. Yeah I think that’s a really good idea to look second hand because it will be more affordable and like you, have better wattage being a bit older.

Thank you, I will let you guys know what ones I find or buy in the end :) thank you for your help x

I have a Miele compact cat & dog, it’s great though I think they are expensive. I managed to pick one up in Tesco for a bargainous £55 as they were selling them off. If I hadn’t of found the Miele at that price, I would have got a Henry.

I was looking at Miele ones last night and I noticed many of them have a compact version, do you know if they are the same as the normal versions just smaller?
Wow that’s a great score getting one for £55! Well done bargain hunter!

Ah another vote for Henry too. I have a lot of research to do! Lol.

Thank you all for your help, it’s really appreciated.

I know it’s silly, but when I try and look online I just find it very overwhelming because there are so many types and versions, even if the same hoover! I want to make sure I get the best I can for cleanliness and my allergies but also be sensible with money because I don’t have much at the moment.

I will have a research now you guys have helped me get some perspective and narrow it down :) x

The first thing to decide is whether you want an upright vacuum cleaner or a cylinder.

My mum has always had a Miele cylinder which I used to find a bit cumbersome and annoying when it got stuck behind a corner lol. I worry I might run the bunnies over....

I like the idea of an upright but ours I can’t use so it’s hard to compare to a cylinder but I think I like the manoeuvreability of an upright. So I think these are my choice, I saw Miele come as upright too, so I still have the brand option :)

I can only add don't get a Vax Air Lift. I LOVE that it's cordless - that's a massive bonus with the house buns. And the detachable cylinder means it's easy-peasy on stairs. The suction isn't bad and the brushes are fab. I does bring my rug up lovely. BUT - the major down side is it blocks up all the time. The conduits are too narrow to cope with hay/fur - just not robust enough for rabbity mess sadly so it is very high maintenance.

I can only add don't get a Vax Air Lift. I LOVE that it's cordless - that's a massive bonus with the house buns. And the detachable cylinder means it's easy-peasy on stairs. The suction isn't bad and the brushes are fab. I does bring my rug up lovely. BUT - the major down side is it blocks up all the time. The conduits are too narrow to cope with hay/fur - just not robust enough for rabbity mess sadly so it is very high maintenance.

No that’s fab, any opinions of what to stay clear of are really useful. Yeah that sounds a lot like the vax we have at the moment, blocks straight away so you have to scoop the dirt lol.
It’s good you like the detachable cylinder though as the shark ones I looked at do this and I thought it looked like a good idea.

Thank you for your help :)

Back