Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Occlusal Cysts in Rabbits - any experience?

  1. #11
    Warren Veteran joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    8,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    I meant to ask you - is it pushing the eye forward?
    No - not even when my vet "messes" with it. I believe thats a good indicator (if I understand my vet correctly) its not an abscess

  2. #12
    Warren Veteran joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    8,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Thanks JJ. I've had a read - looks like we can rule that one out

  3. #13
    Warren Veteran daphnephoebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    8,993

    Default

    J&B when I finish work tomorrow I shall have a look through my nursing books for you.

    Could your vet forward a picture of the x-ray to a specialist?

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

  4. #14
    Wise Old Thumper Bunny Buddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    12,450

    Default

    When you said previously that you "like to vet a vet" I didn't realise it extended to offering such challenges to test them out! It's good that she gets specialists involved too, my initial vets just shrugged their shoulders. I'm offering her some challenges with Eliza but I think your dilemma is rather more complex. I hope you get some answers and that they are not as scary as they may seem at the moment.
    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

  5. #15
    Warren Veteran joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    8,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daphnephoebe View Post
    J&B when I finish work tomorrow I shall have a look through my nursing books for you.

    Could your vet forward a picture of the x-ray to a specialist?

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    That's very kind - I'm not hopeful you'll find anything though & you have your own life & 2 poorly buns to look after

    My vet did send the xray to specialist at the time. It will be interesting to see what the next xray says - can't afford to have them with each dental though so that will be dental after the next one
    Last edited by joey&boo; 13-02-2018 at 11:18 PM.

  6. #16
    Warren Veteran joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    8,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Buddy View Post
    When you said previously that you "like to vet a vet" I didn't realise it extended to offering such challenges to test them out! It's good that she gets specialists involved too, my initial vets just shrugged their shoulders. I'm offering her some challenges with Eliza but I think your dilemma is rather more complex. I hope you get some answers and that they are not as scary as they may seem at the moment.
    I actually feel a meanie presenting her with the enigma that is Boo's head What's going on for Eliza?

  7. #17
    Wise Old Thumper Jack's-Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    131,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    I actually feel a meanie presenting her with the enigma that is Boo's head What's going on for Eliza?
    Boo says it's far more interesting than her bottom !!



    Can you make a donation to ARC (Animal Rescue & Care) to help with the cost of urgent Veterinary Treatment for some badly injured Rabbits ? Every penny donated helps


    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...00#post6983900

    https://animalrescueandcare.org.uk/donate/

  8. #18
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    33,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    I actually feel a meanie presenting her with the enigma that is Boo's head What's going on for Eliza?

    Well I've presented my vets with a complete enigma ... It's good for them
    In order for you to insult me, first I have to value your opinion!
    Its not just about whos being real to your face, its also about whos being real behind your back ..

  9. #19
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    10,705

    Default

    I can't offer any information, but am sending lots of vibes for Boo. I did look online when Occlusal Cyst was first suggested for Boo, but found nothing useful. It might be worth asking the vet who suggested this possible diagnosis what made her think of Occlusal Cyst. If you knew the diagnostic clues, you might be able to work online from that perspective and then come up with alternatives.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •