• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spare vibes for my girls?

Daphne has now gone into stasis following the vet visit :cry:

I'm giving her pain relief and git mobility meds as advised by my vet. We will be cancelling the appointment tomorrow and rebook it for next week.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Oh no, so difficult to know!

I sent my poorly rabbit into hospital with another one. I had to keep the one having had surgery at home. But the well one was quite unphased and just kept eating everything. It was a risk I took ...

Wishing you many vibes and hugs. So stressful :(

Oh goodness, I'm so sorry to hear this. I really hope your girls will show some improvement soon. Poor Daphne, not only her heart problem but now stasis too :(
Thinking of you and both girls :(

Sending lots of vibes for both Phoebe and Daphne. I hope they are both eating this morning.

Both have eaten this AM and seem bright.

We're going to cancel Daphne's appointment today and rebook for next week.

This was Phoebe last night a couple hours after the vet visit and after she'd stuffed her face with hay.

69060bd0d8921aa2152553ff7e81bbf4.jpg
f0706b5dcb61eab6082d10ff152efab0.jpg
007193b5b75d430f5907cd375622a83b.jpg

Cuddling Daphne while reaching out the hide to eat hay.

c2186b86057e7da616bb9faffd222ae9.jpg

Both have eaten this AM and seem bright.

We're going to cancel Daphne's appointment today and rebook for next week.

This was Phoebe last night a couple hours after the vet visit and after she'd stuffed her face with hay.

69060bd0d8921aa2152553ff7e81bbf4.jpg
f0706b5dcb61eab6082d10ff152efab0.jpg
007193b5b75d430f5907cd375622a83b.jpg

Cuddling Daphne while reaching out the hide to eat hay.

c2186b86057e7da616bb9faffd222ae9.jpg

They are such lovely photos :love:

Phew, I'm so pleased that they are both eating again. They certainly like your (sorry their :lol:) desk :)

Best wishes for you all, DP, sounds like you've had a lot on! Hope things are OK for Daphne next visit too :)

I’m so sorry to be joining this so late!! I wish the app was better at giving me updates :-(

I’m so sad to hear what you have been going through with your gorgeous girls! I hope they are showing more improvement today and I’m so glad to read they have eaten a bit now. I have attached a pic just in case it’s helpful, it’s some home made food you can make and they are supposed to really tempt buns that don’t want to eat.

My thoughts are with you and I’m sorry I wasn’t here before when you have been so wonderful with my boys.

By the way, your castle is absolutely awesome! And those pics are so sweet <3 Xx

99172baf05fb88915168026bdd82fbeb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m so sorry to be joining this so late!! I wish the app was better at giving me updates :-(

I’m so sad to hear what you have been going through with your gorgeous girls! I hope they are showing more improvement today and I’m so glad to read they have eaten a bit now. I have attached a pic just in case it’s helpful, it’s some home made food you can make and they are supposed to really tempt buns that don’t want to eat.

My thoughts are with you and I’m sorry I wasn’t here before when you have been so wonderful with my boys.

By the way, your castle is absolutely awesome! And those pics are so sweet <3 Xx

99172baf05fb88915168026bdd82fbeb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for the recipes. I'll put them somewhere safe :)

I'm sorry to bump this up again and I'm sorry I haven't been on for a couple of days.
I'm hoping to get on tonight or during the day to catch up with everything.

However I come begging for vibes again.
Both girls are ill and I'm going to get them both booked in for a thorough check.

So firstly with Daphne it's a check we had planned for last week but canceled due to having to take Phoebe.
Daphne physically appears okay but is craving paper, cardboard etc. So we have had to hide all this that she may possibly reach and I've told OH they get nothing but hay. We've also got to check her heart as she's been showing signs of her heart getting worse.

Onto Phoebe... she refused to come upstairs to bed last night so at 11pm I went out hunting for brambles. She munched those happily but still wouldn't come upstairs. They have hay down there anyway so we put down a bowl of water.

2:30am me and OH woke up so we went down to check on her.... sure enough she is still down there. The front room absolutely stank.... OH described it as smelling like a dirty litter tray.

A bit of hunting and sure enough I found either diahorrea or uneaten caecotrophes that had been smushed around. They were everywhere... middle of the front room, under the dining table, under the piano, under their table that holds the gerbil.

This AM I've found more - they're definately caecotrophes and her normal faeces is tiny and dry but covered in wet stuff.

She's still eating, but she's very skittish... I've chased her upstairs so it's easier to monitor her and I'll be calling the vets once they open to book them both in.

Both are just getting hay and dried forage. They've just been given a fresh willow branch that Daphne has gone mad for.

If anyone has any ideas, or any vibes I'd be grateful.

Last edited:
Just seen this dp...sending vibes for both girls with all due speed. Deffo sounds like a trip in to the dr. :( I wish I had some advice but just know I'm thinking of you all. ((((((((((((((((Huge hugs))))))))))))))))) xxxxxxxxxxxxx

A million vibes for your beautiful girls. I don't have any ideas. I hope they get on ok at the vets - poor babies & poor you xx

Sending loads of vibes for both your girls. I haven't really got any worthwhile advice. Regarding Phoebe, I know squashed caecotrophes can occur with stress and the not wanting to go upstairs might be consistent with that, but if her poo is smaller then that would suggest a gut slow down.

Hoping that you can get an appointment and that the vet can establish what the problem is for both of them.

Back