Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Spare vibes for my girls?

Best wishes for you all, DP, sounds like you've had a lot on! Hope things are OK for Daphne next visit too
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Wise Old Thumper Barn Yard Bunnies's Avatar

Hope everything is ok this morning.

Phoebe is just too cute, loving those photos, I'm glad the girls are on good form this morning

Iím so sorry to be joining this so late!! I wish the app was better at giving me updates :-(

Iím so sad to hear what you have been going through with your gorgeous girls! I hope they are showing more improvement today and Iím so glad to read they have eaten a bit now. I have attached a pic just in case itís helpful, itís some home made food you can make and they are supposed to really tempt buns that donít want to eat.

My thoughts are with you and Iím sorry I wasnít here before when you have been so wonderful with my boys.

By the way, your castle is absolutely awesome! And those pics are so sweet <3 Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Truffpuff View Post
    Iím so sorry to be joining this so late!! I wish the app was better at giving me updates :-(

Iím so sad to hear what you have been going through with your gorgeous girls! I hope they are showing more improvement today and Iím so glad to read they have eaten a bit now. I have attached a pic just in case itís helpful, itís some home made food you can make and they are supposed to really tempt buns that donít want to eat.

My thoughts are with you and Iím sorry I wasnít here before when you have been so wonderful with my boys.

By the way, your castle is absolutely awesome! And those pics are so sweet <3 Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you for the recipes. I'll put them somewhere safe

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Even the strongest need to have a day of weakness

I'm sorry to bump this up again and I'm sorry I haven't been on for a couple of days.
    I'm hoping to get on tonight or during the day to catch up with everything.

However I come begging for vibes again.
    Both girls are ill and I'm going to get them both booked in for a thorough check.

So firstly with Daphne it's a check we had planned for last week but canceled due to having to take Phoebe.
    Daphne physically appears okay but is craving paper, cardboard etc. So we have had to hide all this that she may possibly reach and I've told OH they get nothing but hay. We've also got to check her heart as she's been showing signs of her heart getting worse.

Onto Phoebe... she refused to come upstairs to bed last night so at 11pm I went out hunting for brambles. She munched those happily but still wouldn't come upstairs. They have hay down there anyway so we put down a bowl of water.

2:30am me and OH woke up so we went down to check on her.... sure enough she is still down there. The front room absolutely stank.... OH described it as smelling like a dirty litter tray.

A bit of hunting and sure enough I found either diahorrea or uneaten caecotrophes that had been smushed around. They were everywhere... middle of the front room, under the dining table, under the piano, under their table that holds the gerbil.

This AM I've found more - they're definately caecotrophes and her normal faeces is tiny and dry but covered in wet stuff.

She's still eating, but she's very skittish... I've chased her upstairs so it's easier to monitor her and I'll be calling the vets once they open to book them both in.

Both are just getting hay and dried forage. They've just been given a fresh willow branch that Daphne has gone mad for.

If anyone has any ideas, or any vibes I'd be grateful.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by daphnephoebe; 19-02-2018 at 08:20 AM.
    Even the strongest need to have a day of weakness

Just seen this dp...sending vibes for both girls with all due speed. Deffo sounds like a trip in to the dr. I wish I had some advice but just know I'm thinking of you all. ((((((((((((((((Huge hugs))))))))))))))))) xxxxxxxxxxxxx

A million vibes for your beautiful girls. I don't have any ideas. I hope they get on ok at the vets - poor babies & poor you xx

Sending lots of vibes and hugs for you x

Wise Old Thumper

Sending loads of vibes for both your girls. I haven't really got any worthwhile advice. Regarding Phoebe, I know squashed caecotrophes can occur with stress and the not wanting to go upstairs might be consistent with that, but if her poo is smaller then that would suggest a gut slow down.

Hoping that you can get an appointment and that the vet can establish what the problem is for both of them.