• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Parsley

glitterdust

Warren Scout
Is it safe to give my Buns parsley. I have heard it causes bladder sludge (whatever that is) I was under the impression herbs were better than veg.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

There will be differing views on this. I feed my rabbit Parsley in addition to several other herbs. This means that he doesn't get Parsley every day, but that is because I know he likes the other herbs as well, not because of the Calcium. If you have a look at this article from Frances Harcourt-Brown, who is a respected rabbit vet, it will provide you with the facts so you can decide yourself.

https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/articles/free-food-for-rabbits/calcium-and-rabbit-food

Is it safe to give my Buns parsley. I have heard it causes bladder sludge (whatever that is) I was under the impression herbs were better than veg.

Frances Harcourt Brown reckons that feeding veg doesn't do this. Pellets and hard water are the main culprit.

I have always fed parsley, and never had an issue. You could feed it sparingly, now and again, if you're worried.

How's Jimmy doing?

Frances Harcourt Brown reckons that feeding veg doesn't do this. Pellets and hard water are the main culprit.

I have always fed parsley, and never had an issue. You could feed it sparingly, now and again, if you're worried.

How's Jimmy doing?
I give bottled water because my water is so hard here! I had a bun with bladder stone in the past.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

How's Jimmy doing?
Jimmy is fine since I cut the pellets right down to only a few a day and I halved the amount of herbs, he is eating alot more hay and it is obviously helping him. So far so good. They love parsley and I have been giving them a small amount every day. The last thing I want is another problem [emoji4]

Back