• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which Puppy Pen?

0XBunnyta

Warren Scout
Need recommended pens for a bunny base :wave:

They are definitely jumpers so needs to be about 3 feet or higher to line the inside of their new room :D They started trying to pull up the carpet like noodles in my old student house but this new landlord was kind enough to agree to let me have them as he was specifically no pets but has trusted me, so don't want to disappoint as much as id prefer to have my deposit back too.

Will be putting my own rug/lino down and then putting the pen(s) around most of the room but behind my office desk, where I will be working from home. Only cuts off like a tiny section of the room but there's no space for a desk in any of the others and id prefer to keep any accidentally exposed cables blocked off anyway (this is why it needs to be high so they can't jump over). Anything they do chew then when in their room (/pen) is mine and I don't really care.

Would really love for them to be free range with the whole apartment 24/7 but whilst renting this year and as they've already proved to be destructive when frustrated by something, such as furniture blocking a 'tunnel' aka the sofa blocking the hole behind the sofa and the wall :roll::lol:, I think a bunny proofed room is a good alternative. When i'm back to watch or working from home they can be freeeeee. Who knows, they were only young before too but now they're 3+4, so if behavior has calmed down a bit I might just ditch this idea after a while.

I have an Ellie-bo heavy duty pen https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JR6ZMQA/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=ITDGH404SRYB7&colid=G55ZURKPSXSV&psc=1

I like this style as the door makes it much easier to get in and out the pen compared to the ones that have a square in one of the panels which you have to crawl through. I also prefer the drop pin connectors to fixed ones, you can get lighter weight ones which are cheaper although they do have the ‘crawl through’ doors. I tend to open up 2 of the panels rather than use the door in those https://www.amazon.co.uk/Easipet-Me...69519&sr=1-2&keywords=Puppy+pen+drop+pin&th=1

We used two "Savic" puppy pens to create the bunny area. They are reasonable sturdy but do have the crawl through doors as mentioned by Casco

Thanks Casco, I went for the one linked but the XL one which is three and a half foot to be extra sure they couldn't scamper out of it, even though the actual floor space is exactly the same as the large. I did go for the cheaper one rather than the Ellie-bo which I have heard fab things about as I was going to get several and the cost of the Ellie-bo is £10 more expensive than two of the XL cheaper ones put together. Only ordered one for now as I move out next month, so plenty of time to have a fiddle and see if I want to settle for that one and buy more or send it back. I don't think i'll really mind about the door space considering i'll be walking around in it like a room rather than bent down trying to clean through it as a smaller pen but i'll check how i feel about it when it arrives.

Just asked the OH if he has a set preference for the size because I didn't want to take over the whole room if we're sharing the place. His response was that it'll turn into my room eventually anyway, so I might as well do what ever I want in it now :lol:

Last edited:
Back