• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Post op care

I do to.

They’re not free roaming the house but, I think, that they look much more relaxed in an indoor setting.

Although admittedly when they’re outside they might be the same.

9bbb1416ee7af04d2d13c6245c4a8d76.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do to.

They’re not free roaming the house but, I think, that they look much more relaxed in an indoor setting.

Although admittedly when they’re outside they might be the same.

9bbb1416ee7af04d2d13c6245c4a8d76.jpg

They look incredibly relaxed with one another in that photo ..

How are they doing today?

They look incredibly relaxed with one another in that photo ..

How are they doing today?

They’re doing ok I think.

I’ve been working from home the last couple of days because of the snow.

Spencer is still chasing frank every now and then honking.

And I’ve just had to stop spencer from humping franks head.

I assume it is just the hormones, and this behaviour will die down as they work their way out of his system.

But other than that they get on like a house on fire. They take every opportunity to have a cuddle and grooming session.

Having had the chance to observe them more closely over the last few days I think that the reason we’ve not had any fights is that I don’t think frank is as old as spencer so hasn’t matured as much and hadn’t started getting the urge to be boss rabbit

bd74e763d64b51257fe711c2147dd2cd.jpg

I put a corner litter tray in their cage. We’ve not really started to litter train them just yet, but I thought it would be good to get them used to it, and now they’ve been neutered I’m hoping the territorial pooing and stuff will die out eventually.

I got some rabbit suitable compressed wood litter pellets.

Primed it with some of their soiled stuff when I cleaned them out last night.

Put some clean hay in it and have tried to position it near the hay dispenser.

They’ve decided it’s a good place to sit

Have I broken my boys, or are my rabbits just crazy?

22b48a7a9836c3c2a2b2e516d90c14c7.jpg

They’re doing ok I think.

I’ve been working from home the last couple of days because of the snow.

Spencer is still chasing frank every now and then honking.

And I’ve just had to stop spencer from humping franks head.

I assume it is just the hormones, and this behaviour will die down as they work their way out of his system.

But other than that they get on like a house on fire. They take every opportunity to have a cuddle and grooming session.

Having had the chance to observe them more closely over the last few days I think that the reason we’ve not had any fights is that I don’t think frank is as old as spencer so hasn’t matured as much and hadn’t started getting the urge to be boss rabbit

bd74e763d64b51257fe711c2147dd2cd.jpg

This is such a gorgeous photo :love:

Back