Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your signature to help Rabbits?

Warren Veteran

Signed! Luckily thanks to RU and our shared hub of experiences, I go armed with knowledge and often prompt them or give suggestions that luckily my surgery have been receptive too. In the past I would just take what they said as I knew no better. Rabbit treatment has came on so much since the "try a week of Baytril" days that I always used to get told and I think it is important vets keep up to date with the latest knowledge.

Goodness me

Wise Old Thumper

Signed. Common sense, innit? Lots of rabbits. Vets need training.

Signed. Change needs to happen.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by newbabybuns View Post
    Signed! Luckily thanks to RU and our shared hub of experiences, I go armed with knowledge and often prompt them or give suggestions that luckily my surgery have been receptive too. In the past I would just take what they said as I knew no better. Rabbit treatment has came on so much since the "try a week of Baytril" days that I always used to get told and I think it is important vets keep up to date with the latest knowledge.

I agree with you L

Though I do choose my 'rabbit savvy' vets within a practice, as not all have an interest or aptitude.

One of my rabbits had a big op recently, and I could tell my lovely vet was delighted with the handiwork, and rightly so
    Reliable and up to date info on RHD2:
    An extensive and comprehensive guide to all things RHD2 - Please Vaccinate!
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...RHD2-July-2018

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    So sorry Babsie x
    Nothing to be sorry about, MM! I just thought it was amusing how I misinterpreted, which I think says more about me than you! Sorry if my response offended you - I was laughing at myself when I posted. Certainly didn't mean to make you feel bad! x
    As someone else and I agreed a few days ago, it is so easy to misinterpret things when you can't see the other person. x

Quote Originally Posted by Babsie View Post
    Nothing to be sorry about, MM! I just thought it was amusing how I misinterpreted, which I think says more about me than you! Sorry if my response offended you - I was laughing at myself when I posted. Certainly didn't mean to make you feel bad! x
    As someone else and I agreed a few days ago, it is so easy to misinterpret things when you can't see the other person. x

I wasn't offended in the slightest

Are you going to sign?

Wise Old Thumper

[QUOTE=MightyMax;6984037]I wasn't offended in the slightest

Are you going to sign? [/QUOTE

Of course. My only problem is that you tend to get bombarded with emails as you have to agree to receive them - although it says yoy change that option later. I really don't agree with that. In fact I got that far after your post but then closed the site. Will do it now.

Warren Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    I agree with you L

Though I do choose my 'rabbit savvy' vets within a practice, as not all have an interest or aptitude.

One of my rabbits had a big op recently, and I could tell my lovely vet was delighted with the handiwork, and rightly so
    Sorry to hear one of your buns has been in for an op. Its good to hear your vet is a good one! Mine has recently retired and now it's been turned into a chain, so I am a bit worried about who we will see and how rabbit savvy they are. It seems the vets may just move round surgeries so not sure there will be too much opportunity to build up a rapport with Anyone in particular like I am used to. That said, a new one we saw last month was pretty thorough.

Quote Originally Posted by newbabybuns View Post
    Sorry to hear one of your buns has been in for an op. Its good to hear your vet is a good one! Mine has recently retired and now it's been turned into a chain, so I am a bit worried about who we will see and how rabbit savvy they are. It seems the vets may just move round surgeries so not sure there will be too much opportunity to build up a rapport with Anyone in particular like I am used to. That said, a new one we saw last month was pretty thorough.

Yes I'm incredibly lucky to have my vet. Lovely person too

I hope you find a regular you can rely on. Or even better, two of them .. Can't always bank on our fave being there.