Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sad introduction

Belles Bunnies - I think Mighty Max summed up perfectly how everyone on here is here to help you - MM is a wise and knowledgeable devoted rabbit lover and was so helpful towards me when I joined the forum. I also send you my sympathies for the loss of what was clearly a dearly loved and cherished rabbit. Most of the forum users have experienced losses of our loved pets and each of us all feel the same because we love and cherish our pets and they form a special bond with us. The one thing that runs through this forum is genuine love and support from everyone. Our lives change every day with our pets and our lives are enriched by their companionship. We are guardians for those we keep and we treasure the time we have with them. There is a world of help and information, tips and advice from everyone here and you will see by the various threads which ones are relevant for you at any time. It is warming to hear your positiveness for looking for some new companions and getting two buns is, in my opinion, a very positive step forward. Bunnies are sociable animals who thrive in the companionship of each other and will feed off the love you give them, so finding a bonded pair or even bonding two buns is going to be a great adventure for you. Whilst they will never replace your lost bun, and you don't want them ever to do that, they will provide new memories for you as you will for them. Giving new companions a second chance in life is the most rewarding thing you can do and I for one will look forward to following the adventures and looking at the photos when you decide to get your new buns. I also agree with MM that it would be a fitting tribute to post some photos of Bea. Again, sorry about your loss and I hope that you stay with the forum and get some new bunny companions.

So sorry to hear about your buns loss, an tell how much she meant to you from your mum's and your posts now, she sounded amazing character
    I think another bun or two will help you and also help other bunnies in need, keep us updated x

So sorry for you loss of Bea x

Quote Originally Posted by Craig 1965 View Post
    Belles Bunnies - I think Mighty Max summed up perfectly how everyone on here is here to help you - MM is a wise and knowledgeable devoted rabbit lover and was so helpful towards me when I joined the forum. I also send you my sympathies for the loss of what was clearly a dearly loved and cherished rabbit. Most of the forum users have experienced losses of our loved pets and each of us all feel the same because we love and cherish our pets and they form a special bond with us. The one thing that runs through this forum is genuine love and support from everyone. Our lives change every day with our pets and our lives are enriched by their companionship. We are guardians for those we keep and we treasure the time we have with them. There is a world of help and information, tips and advice from everyone here and you will see by the various threads which ones are relevant for you at any time. It is warming to hear your positiveness for looking for some new companions and getting two buns is, in my opinion, a very positive step forward. Bunnies are sociable animals who thrive in the companionship of each other and will feed off the love you give them, so finding a bonded pair or even bonding two buns is going to be a great adventure for you. Whilst they will never replace your lost bun, and you don't want them ever to do that, they will provide new memories for you as you will for them. Giving new companions a second chance in life is the most rewarding thing you can do and I for one will look forward to following the adventures and looking at the photos when you decide to get your new buns. I also agree with MM that it would be a fitting tribute to post some photos of Bea. Again, sorry about your loss and I hope that you stay with the forum and get some new bunny companions.
    Thankyou so so much for your great reply! It makes me feel a lot better. I definately plan on another bun or two. How does it work with bonding? I will make a post on this when I am getting my new buns but does it mean if I just got two babies say from the same litter would they already be bonded? Or could I get two separate babies of a baby and adult etc and how does it work? Obviously they need yo both be neutered but can you bond say a nethie and a mini lop around the same age etc? Thankyou!! and again Thankyou so much for the support. I am currently trying to work out how to post photos of my bea bea so hopefully will be able to get them up soon

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthbert&Dillon View Post
    So sorry for you loss of Bea x
    Thankyou very much I appreciate it x

Quote Originally Posted by mini lop1 View Post
    So sorry to hear about your buns loss, an tell how much she meant to you from your mum's and your posts now, she sounded amazing character
    I think another bun or two will help you and also help other bunnies in need, keep us updated x
    Thankyou very much, she was amazing. I will definately keep everyone updated when I look into more buns xx

Sorry you lost your bun x

**created by my DD Lionheadlop**

Belles Bunnies - My own opinion with regards to getting your new companions is to aim to get two. That's not to say that the wonderful people on this forum wouldn't suggest that three buns are also equally as good. But in my opinion and from the very limited knowledge I have, you may well get some problems trying to do the logistics with 3. As much as I know (and I'm no expert), rabbits usually establish a hierachy (that's not spelt right) but one rabbit will have to be dominant. Again, from my limited knowledge, this tends to be the female who is dominant - but again, others with far greater knowledge than I may suggest that the male can assume dominance. I would, personally, advocate looking to support rabbits from a respected rescue centre - and this forum will have loads of recomendations for reputable and trusted rescue centres. From my own experience, a rescue rabbit is deserving of that second chance - and chance that you can give them. And that is worth more than anything to be able to give that love and safety back to any pet. You have to work at earning the trust but that is part of what we enjoy from it and our little companions deserve that opportunity and their lives can be changed hugely from our actions by adopting them. You will find that those running the rescue centres are very in tune with the rabbits they have, and their welfare and will provide all the right information for you should you use them. They give up their time for the welfare of those they rescue and they care very much about the animals they look after. You may also find that you could get a bonded pair from a rescue centre - which is also a very rewarding thing to do because you are not splitting up a relationship and you also aleviate some of the problems that can be associated with bonding. The important thing is that you find the rabbits that are right for you - or rather the rabbits find you. In your heart you will know the bunnies that are right for you. Again, this forum is a superb place of resource for information and advice and more importantly support. Hope this helps and I am looking forward to following your journey.

Quote Originally Posted by TheThreeB's View Post
    Sorry you lost your bun x
    Thankyou very much xx

Quote Originally Posted by Craig 1965 View Post
    Belles Bunnies - My own opinion with regards to getting your new companions is to aim to get two. That's not to say that the wonderful people on this forum wouldn't suggest that three buns are also equally as good. But in my opinion and from the very limited knowledge I have, you may well get some problems trying to do the logistics with 3. As much as I know (and I'm no expert), rabbits usually establish a hierachy (that's not spelt right) but one rabbit will have to be dominant. Again, from my limited knowledge, this tends to be the female who is dominant - but again, others with far greater knowledge than I may suggest that the male can assume dominance. I would, personally, advocate looking to support rabbits from a respected rescue centre - and this forum will have loads of recomendations for reputable and trusted rescue centres. From my own experience, a rescue rabbit is deserving of that second chance - and chance that you can give them. And that is worth more than anything to be able to give that love and safety back to any pet. You have to work at earning the trust but that is part of what we enjoy from it and our little companions deserve that opportunity and their lives can be changed hugely from our actions by adopting them. You will find that those running the rescue centres are very in tune with the rabbits they have, and their welfare and will provide all the right information for you should you use them. They give up their time for the welfare of those they rescue and they care very much about the animals they look after. You may also find that you could get a bonded pair from a rescue centre - which is also a very rewarding thing to do because you are not splitting up a relationship and you also aleviate some of the problems that can be associated with bonding. The important thing is that you find the rabbits that are right for you - or rather the rabbits find you. In your heart you will know the bunnies that are right for you. Again, this forum is a superb place of resource for information and advice and more importantly support. Hope this helps and I am looking forward to following your journey.
    Thankyou so much for your lovely reply xx I have posted another thread with my exact bonding questions and would kove to heat your advice