Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sad introduction

Default Sad introduction

Hi everyone I am new here and have just joined today after the sudden loss of my Netherland Dwarf doe Bea. She was just perfect in every way and I am so honoured to have had her in my life. She had the most funny and charismatic personality and was like a little dog in ways I know only fellow bunny owners will understand. I was staying at my dads house when I got a call from my mum on Monday night telling me she had found Bea lying flat out by her litter tray. She will often have a lie and a flop for a stroke or on your bed etc but you could tell something was wrong so we rushed her to the nearest vets who told us it was a internal failure of something (I donít have details as I wasnít in the mood to talk about it over the phone and have only arrived back at the house tonight) apparently it is just chance and can happen to both humans and rabbits and there is nothing that can be done. He gave us the option to either send her home with fluids but that there was almost 100% chance she would pass in the night or have her put to sleep at the vets. I chose to do this over the phone which was a really hard decision to make but now a couple of days later I am glad I was not selfish and made that decision for her. She was only 3 and a half. She was one of my most personable and important pets and whilst I love and care for them all the others are snakes and fish etc so it is not the same apart from my dogs and Guineas. I am so glad that I could have her in my life and know that she was happy safe and warm inside running around the house, binkying and was so comfortable around people and our dogs. She was a favourite of every visitor and I will miss her licks and snuggles. She used to ride to the vet in her carrier stood up with her front paws on the opening of the carrier!! She was so beautiful and lovely. I am very shocked and sometimes feel like I have forgotten what has actually happened as I donít feel as sad as I did but actually I think I have learned through having pets and having to make tough decision s like this I am gradually becoming better at processing my grief and although I am heartbroken and cried more than ever I am now generally thinking back on her with happy memories and have been through the photos and am planning a little picture album etc. I am not ready to have another rabbit quite yet however these are the pets that will be in my life forever and may start looking in the February half term holidays so Iím off school (15) for another bunny/bunnies and am sure I will have lots of questions etc even though I researched a lot with Bea and have all the necessary equipment. I plan on going with the same breed Netherland Dwarf but I may plan on two etc it just depends how I feel. I want to properly make sure I am excited at the prospect of bringing home new bun before doing any looking. Thanks for reading all this

Quote Originally Posted by Belles.bunnies View Post
    Hi everyone I am new here and have just joined today after the sudden loss of my Netherland Dwarf doe Bea. She was just perfect in every way and I am so honoured to have had her in my life. She had the most funny and charismatic personality and was like a little dog in ways I know only fellow bunny owners will understand. I was staying at my dads house when I got a call from my mum on Monday night telling me she had found Bea lying flat out by her litter tray. She will often have a lie and a flop for a stroke or on your bed etc but you could tell something was wrong so we rushed her to the nearest vets who told us it was a internal failure of something (I donít have details as I wasnít in the mood to talk about it over the phone and have only arrived back at the house tonight) apparently it is just chance and can happen to both humans and rabbits and there is nothing that can be done. He gave us the option to either send her home with fluids but that there was almost 100% chance she would pass in the night or have her put to sleep at the vets. I chose to do this over the phone which was a really hard decision to make but now a couple of days later I am glad I was not selfish and made that decision for her. She was only 3 and a half. She was one of my most personable and important pets and whilst I love and care for them all the others are snakes and fish etc so it is not the same apart from my dogs and Guineas. I am so glad that I could have her in my life and know that she was happy safe and warm inside running around the house, binkying and was so comfortable around people and our dogs. She was a favourite of every visitor and I will miss her licks and snuggles. She used to ride to the vet in her carrier stood up with her front paws on the opening of the carrier!! She was so beautiful and lovely. I am very shocked and sometimes feel like I have forgotten what has actually happened as I donít feel as sad as I did but actually I think I have learned through having pets and having to make tough decision s like this I am gradually becoming better at processing my grief and although I am heartbroken and cried more than ever I am now generally thinking back on her with happy memories and have been through the photos and am planning a little picture album etc. I am not ready to have another rabbit quite yet however these are the pets that will be in my life forever and may start looking in the February half term holidays so Iím off school (15) for another bunny/bunnies and am sure I will have lots of questions etc even though I researched a lot with Bea and have all the necessary equipment. I plan on going with the same breed Netherland Dwarf but I may plan on two etc it just depends how I feel. I want to properly make sure I am excited at the prospect of bringing home new bun before doing any looking. Thanks for reading all this
    Hello, I am so sorry to hear of your loss of your very special friend Bea. She sounds to have been a delightful little Bunny who I am sure will live on forever within your heart.

I hope that you will feel able to continue posting on here and we will try to help you in any way we can. There is also the Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund, their website provides a vast amount of information. When you feel ready to think about taking on another Rabbit, (as a tribute to Bea, never as a replacement for her), you may want to take a look here :

https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

A Rabbit Savvy small animal Veterinary Surgery in Twickenham, SW London
    https://www.twickenhamvets.com/

Welcome to the Forum, and I am sorry to hear of your loss of Bea. Nethies have the most cute but outrageous personalities, and I always seem to have one around in my bunny group - causing mischief

I think two rabbits when you are ready, is a wonderful thing. There are folk on here who keep two Nethies together - search Mervinius and you will find all kinds of cuteness overload warnings with her Nethies

Please stay with us, and if you'd like, post photos of Bea. I know we'd all like to see them x

Thankyou so much for your reply! I am definately going to get another bun or two as the house is not the same without her! I definately want nethies, mini Rex or possibly a type of lop. I like my small buns. I will definately look at the link when I start to look again thanks for the support, I will definately be using the forum for questions etc

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Welcome to the Forum, and I am sorry to hear of your loss of Bea. Nethies have the most cute but outrageous personalities, and I always seem to have one around in my bunny group - causing mischief

I think two rabbits when you are ready, is a wonderful thing. There are folk on here who keep two Nethies together - search Mervinius and you will find all kinds of cuteness overload warnings with her Nethies

Please stay with us, and if you'd like, post photos of Bea. I know we'd all like to see them x
    Thankyou so much for your reply! I am very grateful for your support. I definately plan on another bun or two and so will be posting on here when I begin to look again I am very shocked still about it as it was so unexpected but I feel I will definately be ready to find another lovely rabbit to join me in the near future. I would love to do two buns however I do worry that this would mean they would be less personable with me, possibly fight and the main reason be absolutely distraught if we lose one of the pair. I almost feel like 3 is a safer number but I don’t think there is enough rroom for that number. I will post all of this in questions about bonding etc (they’ll be littermates anyway) when I start looking. I will post some pictures of Bea now, thanks so much x

oops I am not quite sure how I post photos on here! If anyone could help that would be great!! c

Iím so sorry you lost your special bunny you can post photos using imjur

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

oops I am not quite sure how I post photos on here! If anyone could help that would be great!! c

These links may help you with posting photos:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...nother-website

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...to-Post-Photos

Photobucket isn't working, so you may have to register with Imgur or another photo-hosting site

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    I’m so sorry you lost your special bunny you can post photos using imjur
    Thankyou so much, she was so amazing, that’s partly why I don’t want to rush into things with another bun because I don’t want to be upset if they aren’t like her or don’t live up to her character which I know is a stupid thing to think. I’m sure when the right bun comes along I will know and they will be just as special but just a different kind of special the nethie in your pp is beautiful!!

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    These links may help you with posting photos:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...nother-website

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...to-Post-Photos

Photobucket isn't working, so you may have to register with Imgur or another photo-hosting site
    Thankyou very much! I will try and get photos posted ASAP