• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

want another rabbit

hi am new to this!

I have had Noah for about 6 months. he's a slightly moody male doesn't really let me pick him up for cuddles but likes a long stroke when he wants! am really wanting to get another one as I don't want him yo get lonely. any advice??

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hi there, welcome to the forum! :wave: Noah sounds like my male, Basil, bless him.

I would suggest finding a local rabbit rescue as they may be able to help with the introductions and bonding and the new rabbit should come neutered and vaccinated which makes things much easier. :D

Has Noah been neutered? If not having him done will most likely help his moods and will be necessary to do 6-8 weeks before attempting bonding. Lots of rescues will help with bonding:thumb:

Has Noah been neutered? If not having him done will most likely help his moods and will be necessary to do 6-8 weeks before attempting bonding. Lots of rescues will help with bonding:thumb:
no he hasn't been neutered which I think is my next thing to do!

Hi there, welcome to the forum! :wave: Noah sounds like my male, Basil, bless him.

I would suggest finding a local rabbit rescue as they may be able to help with the introductions and bonding and the new rabbit should come neutered and vaccinated which makes things much easier. :D
never thought of a rescue rabbit. once Noah is neutered I'll look into a rescue. thank you!

Welcome to the Forum :wave:

I fully second what louise has said :D

Some more info here:

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/centres.asp

It lists all the Rescue Centres, as well as the rabbits available. Good for a browse :)

Good luck in your search :wave:
Make sure you do your research on pre-bonding and the bonding process (if you haven't already), make sure both buns have been neutered and drained of hormones before pre bonding. You could try bunny dating at rescues. I wanted to do this but the rescues near me didn't have many rabbits in and long waiting lists....which is good! :lol:

Good luck in your search :wave:
Make sure you do your research on pre-bonding and the bonding process (if you haven't already), make sure both buns have been neutered and drained of hormones before pre bonding. You could try bunny dating at rescues. I wanted to do this but the rescues near me didn't have many rabbits in and long waiting lists....which is good! :lol:

Welcome Finn :wave: You are very gorgeous :D

hi am new to this!

I have had Noah for about 6 months. he's a slightly moody male doesn't really let me pick him up for cuddles but likes a long stroke when he wants! am really wanting to get another one as I don't want him yo get lonely. any advice??

I have just got a little girl called Vimto, she came from BARC and they were superb with me. I would highly recommend you contacted them. They have two dutch bunnies advertised on here to give you the contact details. I am in the process of waiting for the hormones to calm down before introductions are made. (Vimto's hormones not mine!)

I have just got a little girl called Vimto, she came from BARC and they were superb with me. I would highly recommend you contacted them. They have two dutch bunnies advertised on here to give you the contact details. I am in the process of waiting for the hormones to calm down before introductions are made. (Vimto's hormones not mine!)

That's not what you said on another thread :lol::oops:

Back