• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Boo's dental thread

thanks Tonibun & JJ - yes vet said she felt a bit gassy

Maybe that's simply that she's digesting a stomach load of salad leaves instead of hay, I can imagine that would be more of a task for her digestive system to process. To me that doesn't necessarily mean she not as fighting fit as normal.

Maybe that's simply that she's digesting a stomach load of salad leaves instead of hay, I can imagine that would be more of a task for her digestive system to process. To me that doesn't necessarily mean she not as fighting fit as normal.

I agree :)

Still sending vibes for Boo :love:

Excellent news :thumb: That'll mean properly awake then, otherwise they wouldn't have syringe fed :D

Boo would prefer if you dropped off a bag full of veg and herbs !! :lol: Critical care is soooooooooooooooo boring :lol:

Funnily enough the yellow sticker fairy is being generous - spring greens at 31p, and loads of herbs... Doesn't compare with asda's 5p gems though!

Just home. She is really wobbly. So today there was an ulcer caused by the spur, plus there was puss in her not completely healed cavity. She is on domperidone (sp?), metacam & penicillin injections - have to collect that tomorrow

Just home. She is really wobbly. So today there was an ulcer caused by the spur, plus there was puss in her not completely healed cavity. She is on domperidone (sp?), metacam & penicillin injections - have to collect that tomorrow

Bless the little one :love:

I'm sorry for all of this. They do surprise us with their worrisome stuff sometimes.

I'm so glad you went though .... xx Vibes for tonight and I hope she recovers OK

:cry: It really does show how they can go from having really good teeth and a perfect diet to needing a fair bit of attention. Poor girl, no wonder she stopped munching hay.

Oh poor Boo :cry: I hope that she will continue to recover well overnight xx

Poor Boo :( That's really not very nice for her. I hope she recovers well and that the Pen injections get rid of any remaining pus.

Thanks. I had to instruct Joey to give her welcome home kisses. So I didn't ask vet this but will tomorrow, when she said there was pus in the cavity does she mean she had / has an abscess? Is rabbit pus ever "loose" is it? Can't wait to clarify but your wisdom in the meantime would be much appreciated

Thanks. I had to instruct Joey to give her welcome home kisses. So I didn't ask vet this but will tomorrow, when she said there was pus in the cavity does she mean she had / has an abscess? Is rabbit pus ever "loose" is it? Can't wait to clarify but your wisdom in the meantime would be much appreciated

I'm sure others will have an accurate answer to this, but my understanding is that "pus" is just white blood cells which have been produced to fight an infection at that site. So the inside of a particularly horrid spot :)mrgreen:) might be filled with pus, or a splinter that's been left in a finger etc. It's when the white blood cells then become contained in a capsule that it is an abscess.

If I were you I would definitely be asking about this. Theoretically, I suppose that the cavity has still not healed. I would be wanting their view on why this is the case.

Back